View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #68
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Thumbs Up Re: New NASA Data Debunks Global Warming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azred View Post
Science doesn't move onwards and upwards when scientists ignore that fact they simply don't have all the answers vis-a-vis meterology. What is the presumed rate of heating due to human activity? 0.1 C per year? 0.3 C? 0.7 C? One large volcanic eruption can change average global temperatures by 1 C or more and it is impossible to predict when such an event might occur, thus predictions that "the temperature is always going to be rising" are false. Besides, as I have noted elsewhere--even if we presume that the Earth is warming, what if it is warming naturally and rising to the temperature where it is supposed to be? Efforts to cool the Earth would thus be disrupting the natural equilibrium temperature.

I am not talking about pollution. Pollution is bad and has nothing to do with global warming whatsoever...unless you try to classify carbon dioxide and water vapor as "pollutants". If that is the case, then what is to be done about all those naughty trees, grasses, and algae belching out all that dangerous carbon dioxide, hm?

We simply disagree on this topic and it certainly isn't personal. The sad fact is that neither of us will ever be in a position to do anything about it.
Well, it does and has. They have already implemented numerous ways in which to prevent further damage and continue to do so. Look at the various products labelled "Green". The cars, the machinery, the movements, the laws etc. We've been seeing it for decades.

Unfortunately, while we can demand specific details and refuse to move on until we receive them, it doesn't mean the rest of the world is taking a "time-out". Like you said, we ain't in a position to do anything about it. They don't care if people do not agree - they agree and have released their findings for anyone interested in how they got there. Their collegues are all in unison here so it's a done deal for 'em, which is why science pushes forward with it while the rest of us non-scientists bicker over the existence to begin with.

Unlike a political debate, where talking-heads vomit out manufactured opinion in hopes to sway and influence the polls to garner votes for their candidate or party, on this issue the jury is in. What's more, the moment they decided, they got up and left to deal with it.