View Single Post
Old 12-04-2001, 07:04 PM   #6
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Midget Gems:
I have played as an evil party a few times and I always find that keeping your reputation under control requires a little bit of effort...

The game actually had something in it that solved my immediate problem...

There is that bar in Baldur's Gate City where some righteous jerk approaches you and starts attacking your evil party for no reason. He nevers turns 'hostile (red base), despite the fact he's whacking away at you for no reason other than that he 'senses evil.' Anyway, he's dead and reputation is back to a managable 9, then up to 11 after doing Scar's bidding for the crazy cha-ching.

This game, however, is really not set up to play truly evil characters. You're on this quest that you have to finish if you ever want to get to the 'end point' of the game, and this quest is mostly a do-gooder quest. Sure, you could pretend it's all for your over-weening pride, but that just doesn't fly.

Is BG2 better to play evil characters? I adore playing evil so.