View Single Post
Old 12-04-2001, 10:16 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Midget Gems:

By the way, I find that the evil NPC's are strong party members, especially the small ones.

You mean you like Kagain? What for? Apart from his 20 CON, he's useless....give him the Gauntlets of Dexterity (which Edwin also needs) and he's still nothing but a decoy.

Katherine: If you want to play BG2 with an Evil party, you should get TOB as well. I was kinda disappointed that there were no new NPCs in ToSC,* but happily BioWare didn't repeat that with TOB. As for Evil NPCs in straight BG2, there's a grand total of only 16 NPC's, only 3 of whom are Evil! All 3 are very good characters, though. Don't worry, the selection is just as slim for Good parties as well, especially if your PC isn't a true-class Thief. Too bad you can't keep the NPCs from BG1.....though I suppose you could 're-create' them with Gatekeeper and import them to a Multiplayer game.

*In BG2, you can choose kits for your true-class character(s). One of the Druid kits allows you to shapeshift into a very powerful version of a werewolf, and I was really hoping I'd meet a recruitable NPC like this on the "Mendas's Island" quest.