View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 03:48 PM   #7
Pikachu_PM
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
quote:
Originally posted by Paladin2000:
I don't intend to argue with you over "who is the guilty party", but if you know it is bad for you, you shouldn't have started in the first place.

I am a smoker and I know smoking is bad and highly addictive. I don't have the willpower to quit nor do I feel like quitting for the moment. At the same time, I have never blamed the tobacco companies for something that I started when I was in my teen.

Back then, I knew the risks. When I was in control to stop and quit, I didn't want to and I never did. If anyone is to blame in my case, that would be me alone.

Thank god that I am not a drinker (except coffee and soft drinks) or it would have been even worst.
This is exactly the way I logically see it. I have smoked for 15 years, with a year off a while back. It is very addictive, more so than meth, trust me I know. Well, let me rephrase, for ME it is worse. I kicked meth after 3 years, with basically no majors problems. I go without a smoke for a few hours, and well, I would leave me alone if I we're you . In any case, no offence Pikachu_PM, but especially in your late start with smoking after all the hubla in the media about the dangers of smoking, (including, dare I say, from the tobacco companies themselves) why in the world would you start, then blaim them? Did you decide to gamble?, not believe the warnings?,...? . You made the decision, not them. When a race car driver gets into a race, he knows the dangers, right? When he wrecks, should he blaim Chevy? When you buy a gun...well you get my point.
I am just tired of the blaim games that is played. It is your fault, you started. I am sorry Pikachu_PM, I just dont feel the way you do. I hope you do get the help to quit. And please dont take this as a flame... [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]To both of you---

I am not saying the blame isn't partly my own. But it certainly falls on the cigarette companies who have made such a horrendous product so readily availabe. Do you understand ONE moments weakness over a LIFETIME of good decisions. I went through a small perious of depressions where I undertook an 'I don't give a ****' attidue due to some issues in my life. The depression is gone, but my craving for cigarettes is not. Seriously, it's not like I just keep choosing to smoke, its that when I don't smoke my head doesn't work right. Seriously, I feel retarded and disconncected from the world...which effects my job performance.

'you should have known better..." Yes, thats why I don't yell at Jenny Craig when I don't excercise like I should. I CHOSE not to excersise....what I am telling you is, that at least for me, it is not CHOICE anymore. And anything that addictive is simply EVIL, and any company that manufatures such a product...be it cigarettes or crack...is EVIL