Pikachu_PM
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Just like all druge, you cannot do it alone. You need:
1. A good reason that convinces you
2. A support group
3. A substitution for the cravings

I have helped people quit before, and can try with you, over the internet if you care to let me.

My dad always wanted to quit, but never had the strength to until the day he lost his mother to lung cancer. He, and others I have helped needed not only that strong reason to...but also needed at least one person there with them to stop them in times of weakness. You need to find a trusted friend or family member that will monitor you for two months. You also need stuff like cinnamon chewing gum or strong mints that will take the place of the feeling of the pleasure of smoke inhalation in your mouth, and you need to do something like carry a pencil in your fingers like you would a cigarette. That helps that motor response of wanting something there.

You have not been smoking for 40 years or anything close to that, so you will find it alot easier to quit than my dad did.

Your body will go through withdrawls, so you gotta have something in place to help you ignore them or something to cover them up with. It is a stimulant that is needed, so drink alot of Mountain Dew or something. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I appreciate the support...my biggest problem is my head. I don't even enjoy the physical act of smoking any more...it almost makes me sick. The problem is that when I go more than 6 hours without a cigarette my brain seems to just detach itself from reality...and on top of that I can't think of ANYTHING buy smoking a cigarette. I thought it would get better after a day or so, but it doesnt... do you have any advice. Most ppl talk to me about missing the feel of the smok in their lungs or the 'act' of smoking...I just want my head to not feel all ****'ed up if I go more than a few hours without smoking.