View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 12:36 AM   #1
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Come on guys! There has been no post in this forum today! Let's talk a little!

I have some questions for you guys:

What is your favorite Console game of all time, and why?

Me, I would have to go with Lunar I guess. What can be better than a roleplaying game with anime scenes in it?

What is your favorite console game among the games that were released this year, and why?

My choice would be Final Fantasy origins, for the nostalgia. I guess I'm cheating a little, it's more like a re-release, but I play so little new console games now, my choices are a little limited. :0

What console game influenced you the most, and why?

For me, it was Street Fighter II. It was the first 16 bit game I ever played. I had seen Mortal Kombat at the arcade, and was worshiping it. I didn't have any money to play it, but I could spend hours watching the demo. Then one of my friends borrowed a Snes, and it came with Street Fighter, and he made me try it.

I was such a noob! I had played tons of games before that, but always adventures or puzzle games, the nes, sega master system, and atari were not the best system for fighting games. My friend having some trouble beating "some guy in red with a red cap" so he gave "the sumo" and handed me the game controller. Saying "this character is easy to use, try it". I was overwhelmed by all those buttons on the controller, so I just pushed at random. My strategy was "get close to the red guy and press something".

And believe it or not, I nearly won the fight, and my friend was amazed at that. I later found out it was mister Bison, and the game was on a hard difficulty setting.

Ok, last question. What was the first console game you ever played?

For me, it was the racing and the hunting game that came with he Sega Master system, I think. I got one when it first came out. I think I might have played atari before that, but I can't remember, that was a long time ago. Then I think I played "Island Adventure" next. I'm not sure if it's the right title. You were a caveman and your girlfriend got kidnapped by a lion headed monster, and you fought by throwing axes at monsters. Your health was going down with time and you had to always eat food to keep it up. If you ever touched a rock or a fire, it would hurt you.

After every few levels, you would fight the bad guy, and you had to knock his head off, and then he would get another animal head in the next level.

I liked this game so much!

Then the next one was mario I think, for a few days, and after that tetris, and I got hooked. My whole family would play tetris. I played tons of games after that, but the ones that I got hooked on were Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Contra. I would play Zelda and Contra all day long, I was playing Final Fantasy less often, because my friend owned it, and he was older than me, and pretended to understand english, so most of the time, I was simply sitting next to him as he was playing. But that was still lots of fun.

What about you guys?

[ 05-08-2003, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]