Thread: David Blaine
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 12:18 AM   #9
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

Secret Master - he a is street magician that also does a lot of other tricks that involve mind over matter. If there is real magic in this world, he is it. On the few shows I've seen him on - he leaves people in awe. It's one thing to trick a television audience but real people on the street get really freaked out. Another thing he did was sit in a block of ice for like 48 hrs or something. Doctors said it should have killed him.

I've seen the levitation trick on Magic's Greatest Secrets Revealed and it's all a simple trick with the angle at which you stand towards the audience. But when he did it, I could have sworn it was real. One of my favorite things I've seen him do and actually wish I could do is he went up to a couple having a picnic in the park and grabbed one of he guys empty beercans. He then had the guy smash it and make sure it was empty. Then he got the can from the dude and held it in his hand and shook it ever so slightly and it started to push itself back out and expand to how an unopened, undented beercan looks like. Then he popped the top and guzzled down a drink and gave the rest to the guy.