Thread: Cigarettes
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 04:57 PM   #35
Pikachu_PM
The Magister

Cerek:

I think your overanalyzing my definition of evil. 'evil' may be too harsh... 'self serving' might be a better adjetive for me to use, but then; thats not harsh enough.

Point being if the world were black and white (and I know its not) then cigarettes would fall on the side of black.

I do understand what your saying...a good analogy would be that if I got drunk and killed somebody in a car wreck...it wouldn't matter if it was the only time in my life I did that...my 'one' moment of bad decision has a (imo justifiable) lifelong consequence to it.

It is this reason that I DO take partial responsablity for smoking...but the reason I don't take whole responsability is because of the INTENT of the product. Lets look:

Drinking:

responsable usage will not cause addiction

responsable usage will not harm your body

responsable usage is actually GOOD for you

responsable usage is will produce the desired
effects (aka, buzz) every time.

Even irresponsable usage will create the desired effect (aka buzz) after tolerance has been surpassed

Cigarretes:

'Responsable' usage will lead to addiction

ANY usage causes harm to your body.
'
responsable' usage will eventually stop giving you the desired effect (aka buzz)

'responsable' usage will not give one a 'buzz' EVER after addiction has set in.
r
esponsable usage will, by chemical design, cause the need to smoke more and more--not feel a buzz---but simply to feel normal.

By 'responsable', I mean 2-3 drinks/cigarettes a day every 3 days.