View Single Post
Old 09-15-2001, 02:49 AM   #1
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

...Oh I was just curious. I hear about the experienced vets soloing the game (which I still find amazing - I have to try that someday); these players must know BG2 inside/out, forwards/backwards - proper strategies & spells for each battle depending on the party, efficient sequence in which to do the quests, etc.

So I was just wondering if there were any godlike Grand Master players out here who can claim they beat the game without reloading even once. This means that not only did the PC never die, but also the player never reloaded the game after a "less-than-perfect" victory. ("WHOO-HOO! We won! Wait... Oh my god - they disintegrated Edwin! - YOU BASTARD!!! Who's going to be our lead mage now?!") And you wouldn't have to do every quest - just beat the game. AND OF COURSE without using any 'cheesy' ('cheatzy'?) tactics - the experts wouldn't have to resort to that. Sure, you might know in advance what you would encounter, but still, to pull off every victory ROLE-PLAYING as if the party didn't exactly know what they were going to encounter - that would be awesome... have to keep your guard up at all times, and each battle would truly be a life-&-death matter.

I imagine that would be the ultimate role-playing achievement in BG2 - unless some LUNATIC thinks s/he can do EVERY quest SOLO without reloads

"...People think pipes grow in their homes! Well, they sure as hell don't--look at my knees...LOOK AT MY KNEES!..."

--David Lynch's ERASERHEAD, 1976