View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 11:24 PM   #33
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Default Re: How has the economy affected you, if at all?

I'd rather not say who it was really, just, don't work retail lol.

Heh, I've had a lot worse, retail jobs are full of egotistical pricks that have a god complex.

*sits around the campfire*

I worked in grocery retail, at a very large, well known store and I worked 3rd shift stock. Out of 15 people, the top workers were me and 2 other guys, we just got the job done quicker and better than the others. Our boss was even worse than the typical manager, "you suck, pick up your feet zombie, etc etc".

Well, that day I had a really, really bad time at court and so later that night from stress, I had a hypertension episode, your heartbeat doubles or triples, I fell over, thought I had a heart attack. When the paramedics came by, my manager stood across from my and said, "Pfft, great, he's not done." Saw him smiling and heard him laughing when they carried me out. He told me later he thought I was faking it.

Nobody liked him, I mean, no one, so eventually, me and him got into a shouting match that lasted a half hour, so I said screw it and I walked out.

Wasn't all bad, when I left, I took 4 people with me

Sad thing is, I'm not the only one, sometimes you gotta work the crappy jobs, but you shouldn't have to work yourself stupid when it's not even to get something nice, it's just to make sure you stay alive, it sucks.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote