View Single Post
Old 09-22-2002, 06:36 PM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Hasbro (the company that bought Wizards of the Coast, which bought TSR a few years earlier which owns the copyright to Dungeons and Dragons, as well as forgotten realms, greyhawk, dragonlance, dark sun, birthright, kara-tur, spelljammer, al qadim, etc) made a dungeons and dragons movie a couple years ago, titled, inventively enough, "dungeons and dragons" it was a horrible piece of swill that set the legitimacy of gaming back ten years if not longer. but it was not set in any definable d&d setting...

In the 80's there was a dungeons and dragons cartoon, which i loved, and still have quite a few taped episodes, from when it was rerun briefly on fox in 2000, and there are cameo's by the cast in the adventurers mart in bg2.

There have been rumors of a forgotten realms tv show, by the people who do Xena and Hercules, but I haven't heard of anything more definite than a few scattered rumors.