View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #114
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Heart Re: New NASA Data Debunks Global Warming

Quote:
I'm not baiting you at all, nor asking you to do my work for me. I'm simply asking for clarification and specifics based on the research you've supposedly already done yourself.
Well, I have already given that info. in earlier posts here and then even pointed to the answer for RTB. As a testament to your commitment, I was waiting for you to glean the answers to that very easy question. When you asked me after I previously said it more than once, it looked lazy is all. But maybe you didn't see. Between then and now, you could have looked up the answer thousands of times.

Quote:
As I said before, your constant assurance that "science is in full agreement on this issue" is too generic, since there are several sub-points to the issue. I listed a few such points in my previous post. The environmentalist alarms have changed dramatically over the last quarter century. First, we were headed towards a mini-ice age, then (just 25 years later), the planet was in serious danger of over-heating, now the scientists have adopted the more generic label of "global climate change" after data began countering some of their predictions about he effects of global "warming". Since you have already done the research (supposedly), it shouldn't be difficult to list some exact points on which science expresses this full agreement you claims exists. It's kinda like saying "All the experts agree the Yankee's are the best team in baseball". Ok, exactly what makes them the "best team"? Most wins so far this year? Most wins historically? Best pitching staff?, Best hitters and fielders? Exactly WHAT criteria is being used to determine them to be the "best"? Until the criteria is known, there is no way for someone else to productively investigate the claim, since they may use different criteria.
Both of these were already covered in this thread. In fact one of your questions was answered by me in one of my first posts here.
Correct me if I am wrong, but you seem to have made the jump from denying science agrees, to demanding just what they agree upon. Why's that?

Quote:
You've proclaimed for years that science IS in full agreement and that you have verified this for yourself. Fair enough. All I'm asking is a more detailed statement listing exactly what they are in full agreement on. That doesn't require any more research on your part, it is just asking you to share the results of the research you've already done.
Lol, I have? I may have mentioned how science is united on the issue but personal verification suggests (at least to me) going out and doing the actual experiments. Unless you mean I support the findings, which then I agree with.
While we're talking about research, have you watched that movie yet? You've had like three years to do so.

Quote:
The fact the data was requested at least indicates other scientists wanted to test the data for themselves to see if they got the same results. That implies there is at least some questions about the results presented. And the fact the GCC refused to share their data shows that communication is not being traded as freely as you suggest.
Again....this is science. That statement belies an ignorance of the entire practice as a whole. You would do well to talk with at least one expert and and ask them to explain the premise of the whole thing to you.

Quote:
Since you've done the research, it should be very easy to provide links supporting your conclusions and names of the scientists you have questioned on the issue. I am not asking you to provide any more information than you are requesting from me and since you've done the research, you should have that data readily available. I'm just asking you to share that data so I can look it over myself. It's called communication.
Man, you really don't like to work huh? You are asking me more than I ask of you, since you have done no research. Which is why I keep telling you to conduct some. But you'd rather sit here with no knowledge and ask that I join the dots for you. This would be acceptable if you had no way of gaining the info. yourself but we know this is not the case. You might even enjoy the process.

This is not communication, that's you asking me to do your homework for you, which is a disservice to you. The communication part was when I suggested avenues to pursue. I have already pointed you in the right direction, the rest falls on you.

Personally, I find it odd that you haven't jumped at the opportunity to prove us wrong - you could blow the lid off this whole thing! The scientific community is at your fingertips, why not go get 'em?