View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 09:31 AM   #119
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: New NASA Data Debunks Global Warming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
But if you come around here proclaiming to be a man of science or math and don't understand the chemistry of how one Cl molecule can interact with stratospheric ozone (in effect bouncing around up to 16 times losing valence electrons to destroy 16 molecules of O3, making them drop from the stratosphere), then you don't have much credibility.
I was taking organic chemistry at the time and our professor would discuss the science of ozone depletion with us and actively encouraged us to read the articles that were being published at the time, so I suspect I know quite a bit more about it than the average person. Notice that I didn't say it wasn't happening--it was--but I said that all the research at that time was rushed because people would certain they already knew the cause and were looking to prove it.

The ones who have no credibility are the ones who continue to harp that the planet is being killed by human activity. If that is the case, then why don't these people lead by example and live completely sustainable lives up in the mountains somewhere where they aren't contributing to any supposed problems at all? However, they may not use any product that is produced by processed petroleum in any form and they have to produce their own electricity--they have to remove themselves from the part of the equation they are saying causes damage. If they want to preach it then they should live it.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.

Last edited by Azred; 08-09-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote