View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Got a question...

Thanks, Chewie and everyone else. I'm interested in all points of view, especially the "Mind Your Own Business" and cloak-and-dagger positions. Although the way Youtube is structured, it'd be pretty difficult to get a single screen shot that was still readable...

Speaking of which, a couple more folks have suggested MYOB. If you wouldn't mind, I'm interested in why you say that. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to discuss it here. I'm not trying to make anyone bad or wrong, by any means. I'm looking for input to help me make up my mind.

I do suspect there's an element of using big words going on. We're also dealing with a 12-year-old, and while I remember (all too well!) what it was like to be 12, I don't intend to tell someone else what to do or not do with their children. I'm extremely liberal in that regard. My wife's the social worker; she can get involved if need be

My thought is to say, "Hey, I came across this. If my kids did it, I'd want to know. So I'm letting you know. That's it. I don't expect you to do anything, or need to know you did anything, or anything like that. Just a dad, letting another parent know what I saw. Ball's in your court, and I'm now playing a different game."

Or something like that, perhaps with one or two fewer cliched expressions
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote