View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 01:30 PM   #52
Chewbacca
Zartan

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Again, not to say you have no point here, but we had Columbine. That doesn't mean every goth misfit miscreant who listens to Marilyn Manson should be going to some special "God is in the TV" School, does it?
LOL @ the "God is in the TV" School.

My lasts days in high school in 1990 were at an alternative school in the Denver Public School system. It was full of Goths, Punks, Hippies, and other non-violent "misfits" that lowered the regular school's test score averages by recieving poor marks and/or having attendance problems. I had straight A's but attendance problems. ( I missed 11 days in the previous semester, one more than the limit) edit- of course the semester before I had ridiculous attendance problems due to personal issues- that is really what they nailed me for)

This school had Jr high desks and the "teachers" were absent more than we were. Of course they expected this school to have a high drop out rate, so nobody cared if we went or not. But so long as it protected the statistics of the other schools in the district it served its purpose. Out of 300 senior students that year, 30 graduated. 270 dropped out. No one made it back into regular school through the appeal process. The place actually made me miss the prison-like 'Bama school system.

Odd how only the kids that dressed funny or didnt fit the preppy mold were sent to this school, when plenty of our "square" looking friends who skipped and failed as much as we did were allowed to stay on in the regular school.

Well atleast they didnt send us the the gang-banger alt-school, it would have been "freak genocide" if that were the case. For once they would have had gang unity, at least until the bangers finished all us "faggy weirdos" off.

I wonder if the system is still rigged over in Mile High land? anyway off topic, but your God is in the TV comment totally reminded me of that "school".

[ 09-11-2003, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]