View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 02:51 PM   #57
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
As far as special treatment goes, Well we give special treatment and special schools to smart kids, "dumb" kids, creative kids, and trouble-making kids. Why not have one for fearful kids?
We have special schools for special kids. Gay kids should not be more special than black kids or handicapped kids. They're a part of society so let them be a part of high school. Starting ghettos at high school is not a smart idea.

also: smart, dumb, creative, trouble-making kids receive special schooling because they need different education. Fearful kids don't need different education.

I also would rather have my gay/nerdy/fat/otherwise stereotyped kid go to a special school before having him/her beaten up. That doesn't make it right.
There is a clear choice here. STOP the bullies. If they are indeed so troublesome that they drive other kids to suicide they belong in that special troublemaker school where they are taught how to interact correctly and decently with society. If they are just uncomfortable fellows other kids will have to learn dealing with them because in life you often meet uncomfortable people.
Getting your head stuck in a jon is not a life lesson because that will probably never happen to you in social interaction with an adult. And if so he's up for assault charges (as the bully should be in a way adjusted to his age). Being taunted or mocked is something you WILL face sooner or later in life so it's not bad if you get to know it at high school.