View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 05:10 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
This is the second time i'm going through the game, and the first time, i ended up killing the firegiants, as requested by the red dragon. However, the first time, the red dragon never interfered in the battle, i guess that's how i got away with it that time. This time, she does show up, and dealing with the fire giants is much easier this time, however, after the fight she turns against me and my crew, she says she wants ALL treasure for herself. I don't stand a chance against this brute, so is there any way i can avoid this fight and still get away with the belt i came here for in the first place ?
You know how dragons are about their treasure!

Let the giants hammer on her for a while and take THEIR side against the dragon! Ignore the giants and dump a huge can of whoop-a$$ on the dragon. You should be able to take her out with the giant help and then turn on the giants.

The other alternative is to simply kill off the giants and then go after big red and scaley. Buff up with everything you've got PARTICULARLY energy resistant spells. Hit the dragon with GREATER SPELL BREACH or MORDEKAINEN's disjunction to take HER buffs down. Hit her with Issac's greater missiles and harm and ranged weapons and let Khelgar just kick the living crap out of her. lol Okay not THAT simple.

Edit: Try using summoned elementals as a buffer between you and the party - particularly fire elementals. At the very least they should buy you time. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-31-2006, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote