View Single Post
Old 10-31-2002, 09:26 AM   #3
Gammit
Elminster

Since you initially used a fighter-type, I'd recommend using some sort of magic-user. Watching your character go from wimpy spell-caster to super wizard can be cool.

Yes, BG2 does have a set maximum amount of experience you can begin with. So, even with gaining extra from DSOTSC, you will be knocked back down to TOTSC maximum experience. In general, BG2 gives you the experience that your BG1 character had, up to a maximum limit. So, if you come in with BG1 experience only, you get that... if you had TOTSC and thus had "more" experience, you get that... Actually, as a word of precaution, I had trouble importing my character from DSOTSC into BG2. I may be the only one (hopefully), but just wanted to let you know.

Grungi: Yes, if you bring in your character from BG1, you will retain all of your Bhaalspawn powers. In fact, if you begin BG2 with a new character, you will be granted a set of bhaalspawn powers based on your alignment. As I said before about experience, BG2 will not let you come in as an uber-experienced maniac, so don't worry about that. I was created as a sequal to the first, and tends to level the playing field quite well.

[ 10-31-2002, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Gammit ]