View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #15
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Default Re: Anyway to check if a company did send me an email I haven't received?

SUCCESS!!!

... at least partial.

After calling, escalating the issue to the manager, calling again, and tons of emailing (I found a few more managers' emails. I'd copy everyone even if only one replies)... they finally wrote that they're going to reimburse me
They didn't admit it was their mistake. Didn't even apologize. Just "we again, have reviewed your complaint and after consultation with our Customer Relations Manager, we agreed to reimburse the incidental expenses". Whatever...

Anyway, I thought this was finally over and wanted to post here but then came another thing. I received the cheque today... after 5 days. pretty fast considering they said it might take 2 weeks... and the amount doesn't match.

My expenses came to 178 pounds. In their email they wrote they'll pay me 178 pound. in the letter that accompanied the cheque they wrote something like "please find attached a cheque for 178 pounds" but the cheque is for... 119 pounds :brood:

Any idea what's going on? I've scanned the letter and the cheque and sent them an email, but I'm just curious as to what's happening. Is it an honest mistake? done on purpose? Or am I missing something completely obvious??