View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004, 09:57 AM   #10
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid:
i have an overclocked AMD 2800+ with a gig of dual channel ddr 400 and firefox as a program actually runs slowly, it takes AGES to load, and is slow at browsing, it selectively works on some pages and not others, and is genrally unreliable. I also dislike tabed browsing immensley.
IE is faster and more efficent, i'd take speed over security in a heartbeat, besides it isn't that unsecure especially with win xp sp2 installed.
Don't choose firefox just because it's not made by microsoft, choose it for other reasons, IE's a good enough browser, don't change if you don't have to.
Very interesting concept. An overclocked medium range machine actually under performs my daughters web surfer. I threw together an old 233, 64MB ram, gen 1 x86 series for her. She has high speed internet, and surfs right along with the rest of us. It handles all those 'girl' games well, and word processes just as fast as she can type.

Like you say, "IE's a good enough browser" AMD 2800 is a good enough porcessor, why overclock? Could it be we all want what WE want, and not what *THEY* think we want? Or, is there a hidden agenda with your stock portfolio?

If you trust M$ to take care of *YOUR* security while on the net, you might want to receheck their history. Why do you think every OS has needed an SP, and why is it always M$ has the hits from the net? When's the last time you heard of Mozilla/Firefox being brought down? I'll take a slightly slower, but safer browser any day. Reason 1, it ain't from M$, so it's likliness to get attacked is like nill. Reason 2, it ain't from M$.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.