Thread: Identify
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 10:10 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Actually, you can start identifying fairly early. Your clerics can get up to Temple level 3 in Valeia with three fairly easy quests, so you can start there.

For selling, you'll notice that an unidentified item sells for half its identified price. Curiously, the cost to identify is also equal to half the identified price. So whether you sell it unidentified or identified, you get the same amount, right?

Well, that's true if you only identify one thing. As Wyvern said, if you put three things into the same backpack, when you identify one, you identify all three. So you make more money on the second and third ones. Definitely a reason to identify things, especially in the early game.

Also, for things that stack in your inventory (arrows, certain potions, darts, etc.), if you keep one of them identified, you'll automatically identify any others when you pick them up. Quite a handy trick that... [img]smile.gif[/img] I routinely have all those stackable items on the same character, and he's the one who runs around picking up the leftover arrows, knives, and potions after a battle.

And I'll echo that I prefer to see new questions in new posts! Makes it easier to keep track of them [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote