Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2004, 03:24 AM   #1
theGrimm
Manshoon

In the Spellhold maze, there is that delightful wall trap which brings about instant death.

In a moment of pure evil, I thought to have Imoen cast a fireball spell across the trap at the Yuan-Ti who usually hide behind the wall, and to watch them get splatted by the trap.

I decided to reatreat Imoen to the safety of the party, in case the Yuan Ti mage cast confusion or something.

The wall slammed shut and chunkified a few snake people, and as we were clapping and congratulating ourselves a few seconds later (just outside the door to the Bag of Holding room), the wall slammed shut again, and Imoen chunkified before our very eyes!

Quite a sight, considering that she was standing in the centre of our party at the time, and nobody else was injured...

I though the mage might have cast spell turning before getting chunkified, and for some reason Imoen was the target of the turned spell, but i dunno...

Any ideas?
theGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 04:23 AM   #2
Mystique
The Magister

I belive that the trap stops after two chunks. So i usally summon some monsters and lets them be chinkified and then pass. OR you can go to where you started the maze, and go right. That will take you right past the maze.

I dont know what made Imoen chunk. Maybe it lagged, so it looked like she was with you but actually in the slam trap?
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 05:39 AM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

Yeah I've had that a couple of times as well, but with my protagonist. I would send in a monster or something and then suddenly my protagonist would die as well.. Talk about strange!
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 08:23 AM   #4
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

perhaps the trap effect 'follows' the character like you can see when you trigger a more regular trap and try to run away from it
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote