Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2004, 05:51 AM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Question from a newb. I only recently started playing Morrowind, and I'm still trying to figure out which great house is the most fun to play. Telvanni definately looks the best, but I'm not playing as a magic user. My character is custom made, and a bit of a fighter/diplomat. His main skills include long sword, heavy armor, block, mercantile, speechcraft, athletics, arcrobatics and security. Any thoughts?

Also, does anyone know of a good place to stash some of the gear I am carrying? I need my legion armor for the legion quests, but I have picked up some Ordinator Gear in the Vivec hunt-down-the-killer quest. I'm not interested in selling either, so I need some place to keep it. And.. can anyone tell me where to find this mudcrab I've heard so much about. Sounds like an excellent place to get rid of all the expensive weaponry I'm carrying [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 07:27 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Your Choice..
Telvanni - Magic type
Redoran - Fighter type
Hlaalu - Thief type

You can dump it in any house you like. Just get rid of the current occupant and you can use the house.

Mudcrab Location.. apparently, I might not be allowed to link maps directly..

okay, From Tel Branora go west towards Bal Fell. From Bal Fell go north. The mudcrab is in a small patch of land. He's the only mudcrab that is not hostile to you. So don't attack any mudcrab you see. talk to them first.

[ 04-11-2004, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 08:59 AM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Thanks Kakero. I'll be going for Redoran then. Bloody shame actually, they seem quite boring. The Legion certainly has some great quests though (go to the Counsil Club in Balmora and slaughter everyone). I'm not usually a powergamer, but I'm playing an completly immoral mercenary here. Also, I've been checking out those scrolls of Icarian flight (+1000 to Acrobatics). These things have potential! Unfortunately, the whole 'falling to your death' part is a major side-effect. Can the spell slow-fall help out here? And how do make more of those scrolls? Also, is it just me, or is this game a bit easy. I'm level 7 now, and there isn't a single bad guy left that is even remotely challenging. Should I consider buying the expansion packs?
Old 04-11-2004, 09:16 AM   #4
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

You should consider travelling to the north-eastern part of the map and meet with some Golden Saints. Then tell me if the game is too easy.
OR
If you haven't encountered a Dremora Lord, go to a ruin and kill some people.Loot the altair and viola.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:26 AM   #5
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Heh.. fair enough. I'm sure there are plenty of people that can vaporise me in an instand. It just bugs me that your average run of the mill quest for progress in your guild isn't very challenging. I do enjoy traveling large distances though. It's alot of fun doing that on foot. It's just a bit of an anti-climax that you can spend an hour getting somewhere, only to resolve the quest within two minutes of your arrival. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2004, 09:35 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Unfortunately, the whole 'falling to your death' part is a major side-effect. Can the spell slow-fall help out here?
Yes.

Quote:
And how do make more of those scrolls?
Take a blank piece of paper and enchant it. First you need to buy the spell that you want to enchant on the paper.

Quote:
Also, is it just me, or is this game a bit easy. I'm level 7 now, and there isn't a single bad guy left that is even remotely challenging.
If you have install the latest patch you should be able to put the difficulty sloder all the way to 100. thus enemy will be much tougher.

Quote:
Should I consider buying the expansion packs?
Since you are new to the game. NO. this is because the expansion might accidentally empowered your character too soon.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:23 AM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Hm.. I was wondering what all those pieces of paper were for. [img]smile.gif[/img] And I hadn't even noticed the difficulty slider. Thanks m8
Old 04-12-2004, 05:16 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I've played Morrowind 3 times, and one time i went with Hlaalu, which gave me an awkward feeling because of that queer fella you have to report to all the time, and the other two times i went with Redoran. Mostly because i'm a fightertype every time. Never thought about joining Telvanni, i guess i don't like mages very much.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:09 PM   #9
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Join Hlaalu. Their fortress is quite close to a town(I won't go into spoilers here) and they give the second best rewards for quests(the best are recieved from the Telvanni, they include otherwise unobtainable spells and nice objects). And definetly join the Temple, they have the best(The Best) quests. Challenging, with great rewards and climaxes. And you have to walk there a way [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 05:06 AM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

If you downloaded a All House Joinable mod you will be able to join all the great house.