Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2003, 11:52 AM   #1
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

The thing acts like it cast Imp Invisibility on everyone affected, but I've never noticed the +4 AC Bonus that Imp Invisibility gives you and that Mass Invisibility is supposed to give you. I get the improved Saves and normal mages can't target me, but the AC bonus being left out puzzles me...
Old 03-23-2003, 08:18 AM   #2
Alson
Galvatron

Um... that's weird. The +4 AC bonus is always there in my game. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 07:51 AM   #3
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

what on earth is imp invis meant to do anyway ? whenever I attack after using it my character just goes visable and starts getting hit. another one that's never seemed to work very well is the cloak of non-detection. what is it meant to do for me ?
Old 03-25-2003, 01:09 AM   #4
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by karlosovic:
what on earth is imp invis meant to do anyway ? whenever I attack after using it my character just goes visable and starts getting hit. another one that's never seemed to work very well is the cloak of non-detection. what is it meant to do for me ?
I think the main advantage to ImpInvis is that your enemies get -4 to attack, and you get +4 to saves; so even though the enemies seem to *see* you, the roll adjustments should be some consolation...

And yah, you know I've tried that cloak of non-detection a bunch of times and I think it's useless in the game because most of the time the enemies use True Sight, which seems to cut through ANY type of concealment, OR the enemies can see anything invisible anyway, so I feel the cloak is not really worth carrying except for the GP
Mahlennacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 01:17 AM   #5
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Improved Invisibility makes you invisible... so you can sneak past tough opponents or sneak attack them. The bonus to saves and AC is an added bonus.
Old 03-25-2003, 01:21 AM   #6
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Mahlennacht:
And yah, you know I've tried that cloak of non-detection a bunch of times and I think it's useless in the game because most of the time the enemies use True Sight, which seems to cut through ANY type of concealment, OR the enemies can see anything invisible anyway, so I feel the cloak is not really worth carrying except for the GP
I can confirm that the cloak does work for thieves using "hide in shadows" against True Sight. I've read, though, that it doesn't work like it's supposed to for anything else.

[ 03-25-2003, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: Desuma Malevois ]
Old 03-25-2003, 01:25 AM   #7
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by karlosovic:
But you shouldn't be targeted by missile weapons or spells until the Imp. Inv. goes down, so the spell is very good for an archer or spellcaster who strikes from a distance.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:48 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Cloak of Non-Detection does work. What is important is that you do not break the invisibility yourself. When you use Improved Invisibility, you are invisible at first, but the moment you do something hostile, you become shimmered, not invisible.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 08:09 AM   #9
daan
Silver Dragon

The improved guarded compound has the only mage I ever encountered that could break through the cloack of non-detection. I had the cloack on .. didnt do a thing, but gulp invisibility potions or run away and hide in shadows.
Though every time I ran back into the true-sight range the invisibility was immediatly dispelled.
Pretty sure this didnt happen any other time, if true-sight was cast
Old 03-25-2003, 08:19 AM   #10
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by daan:
The improved guarded compound has the only mage I ever encountered that could break through the cloack of non-detection. I had the cloack on .. didnt do a thing, but gulp invisibility potions or run away and hide in shadows.
Though every time I ran back into the true-sight range the invisibility was immediatly dispelled. Pretty sure this didnt happen any other time, if true-sight was cast
Mysterious! Did Sion casted the spells on you directly, or via a Chain Contingency?
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote