Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2001, 08:25 AM   #1
skylane

Hello everybody,

Since I'm a newbie here, I may be asking stupid questions but I'm gone try it anyway. I bought the game 2 weeks ago and have been trying to get it up and running without succes. The game installs fine and starting it is no problem but when I get in the woods out of Valeia, the first town, the game locks up every 10 minutes. Also the sound is very crackeled, but the graphics are very good. I saw in the help-files that the game is not compatible with the Detonator drivers of Nvidia, but I find this strange, since all of my other games are working fine or even better with them. My configuration is : AMD Athlon 700, A-open Mbo AK72, Soundblaster Live Player, Guillemot Tnt2 Ultra 32MB, Logitech Cordless Desktop, all with latest drivers, and all programs on my PC are working perfectly(except Wizards&Warriors!).
There is no way that I'm going back to the original drivers of my videocard, because there aren't any new ones, so I'm stuck with the ones of Nvidia. Is there a solution for this problem, please try to help me because I really like this game, I waited so long to play it and now I'm so disappointed...
Old 02-17-2001, 01:07 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hello, Skylane! Are you running it in Hardware mode or Software mode? Try running it in software graphics mode if you're not doing so. The graphics will be a little choppier but you'll be able to play.

Also: Check at nVidia and download their latest drivers (if you don't already have them). This solved my hardware acceleration problems, although Carg (one of our other forum members) had some problems with them. Make sure you back up your original drivers if you need to revert back to them.

The sound problem is pervasive for pretty much everyone as far as I've been able to tell. Just save, stop, and reload. It seems to fix itself.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote