Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2002, 11:39 PM   #1
gman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Chapter 3 End Icewind Dale

I seem to have made Gelarith mad in the last part of chapter 3. This means he wants to fight and won't take my machine pieces to fix the Astrolab.

What makes this even worse is that Larrrel is attacking me as well. He is impossible to kill. I bet I caused over 1000 damage to him and he won't die.

I fear that I will have to start over if I cannot get Gelarith calmed down.

Has anyone come across a solution to this?
gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 11:40 AM   #2
zakharak
The Magister

Don't count fully on this but:

Try casting as many Charisma spells, potions, and friend type stuff on one char, and maybe he will talk to that char again. I don't know, this didn't happen to me.

Try reloading a previous saved game from before you met him the first time.

Try casting "hold person" and web on them and throw numerous firballs and lightning at them until they stop!!

Peace [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2002, 11:46 AM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

You have only two non-cheating options: try and charm Geralith (which may or may not be possible) or reload from a point in time before you made him mad.

Unfortunately, zakharak, charisma spells won't work because once someone gets the red circle for "enemy" you cannot talk with them. Also, Larrel cannot be killed--the Mythal is keeping him alive and there is no way you will be able to overpower the Mythal's influence.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 11:45 PM   #4
gman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the advice, although none of these suggestions worked... I even tried killing Gelarith and then raising him back up. This didn't work either.

I saved over both game saves after I made Gelarith mad so I think I'm done. I'm not going to start over because it took me way too long to get this far.

I usually don't cheat, but I want to continue and will not start over. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get to chapter 4 without getting the astorlab up - or anyway at all of going on? I would hate to lose the time I spent on this...

Thanks in advance for any help...
Old 03-28-2002, 11:47 AM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

hmmm....it could probably be accomplished by changing the values of the global variables associated with the astrolabe, as well as setting your chapter value to 5 (the beginning of Upper Dorn's Deep). Normally chapter 5 is accessible only through Larrel, but in your case some rule-bending is required. I would have to look into those variables later today at the house.

Old 03-28-2002, 07:20 PM   #6
gman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Azred - any help would be greatly appreciated. The astrolab option sounds great. At least I could complete the level then...

If you find the codes, is there a guide or instructions on how to insert this code into the game.

Thanks Again...
Old 03-28-2002, 11:14 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I believe you could use the cheat codes to "jump" to the next area and bypass the larrel problem.

The instructions for activating the cheats can be found on the IW Icewind dale page, cheats section.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 12:16 AM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

Well, the global variable would be "astrolab" with a value of 4, but since Larrel in not happy right now, I would just activate the Cheat Console and use MoveToArea("ar6000"). Follow Micah's advice and check out the IW Icewind Dale site about how to turn on the cheat console. Best of luck!

By the way, the only things you really miss are some xp and the movie "scry".

Old 03-29-2002, 02:44 PM   #9
gman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi All,

I have folowed the instructions to start the cheat console and have updated the .ini file to enable it. However, whenever I type in a code I get the following message:

Nice Try Cheater!

Then nothing happens... Am I missing something?
Old 03-29-2002, 04:28 PM   #10
gman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Azred, Micah, and zakharak! I finally was able to get the jump command to work. In HoW you cannot use the same CDP: start string for the cheat codes. You have to use GYCO:. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I going to turn off cheats again and will hopefully never have to use them again.

Have a good one!