Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2002, 01:34 PM   #1
Amedyr

Anybody else had problems with the bunch of revenge spiders that pop up to kill Solaufein? I do! And I HATE them!! Grrr!!!
I know there is a clever way to deal with them, but I'm too mad to think straight right now. (and I'm arachnophobic, so that does't help either)
Old 10-26-2002, 01:48 PM   #2
Alson
Galvatron

Try to notice their tactic.
Everytime you kill one of them - it Heals and Improved Hastes the nearest spider to him.

So, focus all your Firepower on one spider, kill him, then move to the nearest spider, kill him, etc...
Also, try to lure them into killing a protected character - like a Mage with Stoneskins or Protection form Magical Weapons.
Their attacks drain STR, so have a few potion of X Giant Strength handy.
The README file also have several useful tips.

If all fails - lower the difficulty level. [img]smile.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 02:05 PM   #3
Amedyr

Yeah, I had noticed they did that healing + haste thing... but I didn't know that potions of strenght would work! Thanks! ^_^

Oh, yeah!!! I was gonna ask what to do against the webs, but I just remembered! Freedom!
...it does work against webs, right?
Old 10-26-2002, 02:18 PM   #4
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Amedyr:

Oh, yeah!!! I was gonna ask what to do against the webs, but I just remembered! Freedom!
...it does work against webs, right?
Freedom is the opposite of Imprisonment isn't it? I don't think that'll work. IIRC the Ring of Free Action had an effect that helped against this kind of things but I'm not sure and can't remember anymore where you can find it.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 02:35 PM   #5
Alson
Galvatron

Freedom is indeed the counter spell of Imprisonment.
To avoid being Held by the Webs, use either the Ring of Free Action, or the 4th level Clerical spell, Free Action. [img]smile.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 04:29 PM   #6
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Question Mark

what revenge spiders that pop-up?
Old 10-26-2002, 05:30 PM   #7
Amedyr

Right, Free Action! The one with the 2 wavy lines icon... Augh, did I mention I'm terrible with names?

Zuvio, they come with Solaufein mod.
Old 10-28-2002, 01:36 AM   #8
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
I think this is a feature of one of the many BG2 mods.
Old 10-30-2002, 12:29 AM   #9
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

Quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:
quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
I think this is a feature of one of the many BG2 mods.[/QUOTE]Yes it's the Sola mod. And those suckers are a pain in the butt.
Spoiler
I think it's harder the second time they come with the Archyssa chick. She dimesion doors the rest of your party away so you have to fight with Solafein only. I had to give all of my best equipment to Solafein and for some reason when she comes in and talks to you, you can get a quick rest in to memorize spells. I had to. It took me about a dozen reloads to beat her. And then when I did some bug occurred where Jaheira didn't make it back from being teleported away. So I had to do it again. ARRRRRRGGGGG!