Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2002, 11:36 AM   #1
Buster_Wiz
Dungeon Master

Hey Guys, I am just curious is it possible to find a good dagger fairly early on in the game (chapter 3) I just started a new party, and I have nearly fallen in love with the thief backstab ability (after she snuffed a mind flayer with one good hit), the only problem is that I can only find a dagger +1 that is not a throwing dagger. Any ideas where you can find some other good daggers laying around?
Buster_Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 11:41 AM   #2
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Go to www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/ and that site will tell you the location of some lovely daggers. Off the top of my head there's a +2 one in a trapped chest near the main hall in the D'Arnise hold and I remember finding a good one on one of the halflings in the planar sphere.
Old 12-16-2002, 11:42 AM   #3
Bill26
Dungeon Master

You can backstab with other weapons as well.
Bill26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 11:46 AM   #4
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Whoops I just checked the site and it doesn't include daggers on the list sorry about that. Still do the planar sphere quest and you'll find a good one although personally I think short swords or katanas are better to backstab with. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2002, 11:54 AM   #5
Buster_Wiz
Dungeon Master

Well, I would use those most definately, but I am also playing TDD and my thief is a knife bearer (hey, didn't know much about thieves) with 5 slots in dagger proficiencies. I will check out the planar sphere and see what I can find. Thanks
Old 12-17-2002, 12:48 AM   #6
dragon_lord
Elminster

Ask and ye shall receive: http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/Magic_Items/Daggers/
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 01:45 AM   #7
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

There´s a +2 one in De´arnise keep. That is quite enough for the balance of the game, I think.
Old 12-17-2002, 02:07 AM   #8
StigTC

Quote:
Originally posted by Buster_Wiz:
Well, I would use those most definately, but I am also playing TDD and my thief is a knife bearer (hey, didn't know much about thieves) with 5 slots in dagger proficiencies. I will check out the planar sphere and see what I can find. Thanks
How's the stability on TDD these days? I've been thinking about downloading it again.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 09:48 AM   #9
Bill26
Dungeon Master

If you have improved Torgal, he drops a good one also.
Bill26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 12:17 PM   #10
Buster_Wiz
Dungeon Master

TDD seems pretty stable, I really haven't had any problems other than a bit of lag when I enter the TDD zones like Trollford or whatnot. The only complaint I have is that the new kits, spells, and weapons are too powerful for the monsters that have appeared so far. At level 11 I straight up assaulted a certain unnamed red dragon (who likes to kidnap children.) With a dragonslayer and a frost dweller with my knife bearer throwing knives and my priest of Mystra healing and using that steam burn spell. No nifty tactics, no sneaky summoning (other than to take his initial buffet and blast)), just a good ol fashioned melee.