Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2003, 01:24 PM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

OK last night I bought a few cheep Sim games as a package to tie me over when I get board of other games.

SimTower - Easy to use get started, figure out, and fun

SimIsle - Grrrr! This should be a good game but I need agents and I can not find the Control Bar to assign agents. The only thing I can do his hire agents at the headquarters. I have tried everything to find and bring up the tool bar. Help!!!

Does anyone know how to get the tool bar for agents?
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 04:50 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I think I had the same problem you had! I had SimIsle from some free CD with a computer mag years and years ago and I couldn't even figure out how to get started! Stupid game. SimTower was fun though. But all my towers ended up no good because all the apartments were empty [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2003, 11:31 AM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Got it to work!

Changed my display settings to 255 colours and the lower resolution than rebooted, loaded the game and voila "Agent Bar". Then changed my resolution back without rebooting.

Now I have an island with a resort, and wildlife reserve. Things are good.

[ 06-04-2003, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 08:27 PM   #4
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
I think I had the same problem you had! I had SimIsle from some free CD with a computer mag years and years ago and I couldn't even figure out how to get started! Stupid game. SimTower was fun though. But all my towers ended up no good because all the apartments were empty [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]
Did you remember to put in elevators? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Or do you mean that no one ever goes over floor 60? To get over floor 60, you need to put in express elevators. I think you can buy them with a 3-star tower. I know a bit about simtower, (mostly from reading the entire help section when I got bored once. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ) but could you provide more details about the problem?

I just remembered the biggest problem in the game! Everyone moves out when they decide the apartment is in bad condition. All you have to do is click on the magnifying glass and then an empty apartment. If the eval bar is in the red zone, click on the price, and lower it to the $40000 choice. The eval bar should be empty. Even the markers that show where it changes from blue to yellow to red dissapear. Change the price back to $150000, which it should have been before. You can change it to $200000, but it will make the customers less likely to stay. Room conditions fluctuate if left alone with only other apartments, (it's safe to place security rooms and medical offices next to apartments) but will slowly drop if there is an office or hotel room anywhere on the floor. Sometimes even the floor under. I usually have restaurants and fast food underground, along with anything that belongs down there. (parking lots, recycle rooms, etc.) 30 floors of apartments, then 15 floors of hotel rooms, and then whatever I feel like afterward.

[ 06-12-2003, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: LS0158 ]
LS0158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 05:57 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
LOL this was ages ago... but yes, I had elevators, and they serviced all floors [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Yeah that was the problem, all my apartments ended up condemned. I think apartments weren't really the best thing to have anyway, except at the beginning when you needed fast cash. Better to have hotel rooms and offices where you get steady cash flow.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:00 PM   #6
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

But with apartments, you get (hopefully) permanent residents. You would need to practically fill the entire building area to get a large population at once with offices and hotel rooms.
LS0158 is offline   Reply With Quote