Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2002, 12:53 AM   #1
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

The last time I went through the game it was fine. Most of this journey has been fine. Now all of the sudden I have this bug. Whenever the weapon is equipped(on anyone) that player pauses constantly while trying to go from point A to point B. It's like the thing is still trying to regenerate the player even though I'm at full strength. I have all of the correct fixpacks and patches. I've restarted several times. For now I just keep the thing in the second weapon slot and walk around with something else equipped until I need San. Sometimes I forget to change it and accidentally try backstabbing with Namarra or Adjah the drinker. Stupid theif.

Anyone else encounter anything like this before?
Old 12-27-2002, 05:34 AM   #2
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

I have this problem constantly while in the Underdark. It is usually triggered by entering the Drow City and it wont go away until I get to the surface. Never experienced it with Sanchuu though.
Old 12-27-2002, 07:47 AM   #3
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rataxes:
I have this problem constantly while in the Underdark. It is usually triggered by entering the Drow City and it wont go away until I get to the surface. Never experienced it with Sanchuu though.
That's good news because I am in the Underdark. So hopefully this will go away when I get out. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2002, 09:10 AM   #4
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

While I've never experienced this problem myself, I have read about it. If the Balderdash fixpack didn't fix this for you, then you might try downloading the WeiDU "Ease of Use" mod and installing the "No Drow Avatars on Party In Underdark" component. In the ReadMe it says:

Quote:
Adalon the Silver Dragon normally changes the party to look like drow
cosmetically. Unfortunately, the game engine has a number of bugs related
to this that cause the PCs to "stutter" and "stop walking" and whatnot
(especially if they have regeneration items). This disable the cosmetic
drow avatar bit only: the plot remains unchanged.
Anyway, it sounds like what you need. Here is the link: http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~weimer/bgate/ease.html
Old 12-27-2002, 10:30 AM   #5
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Desuma Malevois:
[QB]While I've never experienced this problem myself, I have read about it. If the Balderdash fixpack didn't fix this for you, then you might try downloading the WeiDU "Ease of Use" mod and installing the "No Drow Avatars on Party In Underdark" component.

[QUOTE]

Thank you for the help but I just made it out of the Underdark. I will use it in the future though, because the whole thing is pretty annoying.