Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2001, 03:07 AM   #1
spoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well... i dont have Wiz8 yet so when I do -finally- get it I want to start with a challenge. Im sick of games that are TOO easy [img]graemlins/yawn.gif[/img] . Is Iron Man fun to play first up? I'm thinking that my initial parties will suck anyway.. so although I will be dieing ALOT at the start I can just remake em better. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Call me stupid (or on something [img]graemlins/hippysmile.gif[/img] )

Although I have heard some disturbing reports of bugs that insta-kill you (woah that'd suck [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img] ). Are these true?

Should Iron Man be done AFTER you finish it (read: know all the good items/places to avoid).

Laugh you may but I'm serious [img]smile.gif[/img]
spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 04:52 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

"Too easy"?? WHOOO BOY!!!

You ain't seen NOTHIN' yet!! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Trust me...you won't need Ironman. Even at normal play level, the game is tough.

Cheers,
-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 08:01 AM   #3
spoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
"Too easy"?? WHOOO BOY!!!

You ain't seen NOTHIN' yet!! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Trust me...you won't need Ironman. Even at normal play level, the game is tough.

Cheers,
-Sazerac

WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

thanks for the good news

i might have to do it the old fashioned way and not save every five minutes

of course if there is a quicksave button im screwed [img]smile.gif[/img]
spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 09:56 AM   #4
MagiK

Bugs?? I have about 35 hours of play and so far the only problem is an occasional drop to desktop....but it seems like this is a memory leak to me because it usually happens after I reload...and after long play times....I end up reloading a lot because I get impatient and blunder into battle..only to find a NASTY surprise [img]smile.gif[/img] The fights are anything but easy [img]smile.gif[/img] (Unless you cheat) and on Expert mode you will wonder if you can ever damage the baddies.
Old 11-29-2001, 12:06 PM   #5
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

I have been playing for ... well I actually do not know how long I have been playing in hours. The game is so good that I lose track of time while playing.

I have gotten as far as Trynton and I have only encountered a single bug that was fixed by exiting and restarting and has never shown itself again and it was not a fatal bug. Some of the things I have heard labeled as bugs that are instant kills seem to be user errors such as accidentally walking off the edge of a cliff or a hole in the floor. These are the risks you suffer playing iron man.

I really do not think iron man is necessary for a challenge. I am playing on normal level and I have had a few battles I was not sure if I was going to win or not. I have also had some character deaths in battle and had to run away a few times. All in all I find the game challenging.

Masked Frog
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote