Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2001, 09:45 AM   #11
greybeard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Gotta be Heroes of Might & Magic (I, II, III, and all the expansions) - truly an addictive turn-based game. Their forumn was as good as this one early on, but has declined as the age of the game has increased, will probably pick up again when IV comes out later this year. Heroes is my all time #1, with #2 not even close.
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 11:31 PM   #12
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Actually, Wizards and Warriors is now the only one that I played the most (200 hrs so far and I have yet to finish it) When I finish it, I will do it again (and do it right this time)
Myst (finished within 240)
Crystalis(finished within 180)
Ultima (finished within 400 hrs)
Final Fantasy (finished within 300 hrs)
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 01:47 PM   #13
WizardMen
The Magister

i play fft and re2 most of all
WizardMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 04:26 PM   #14
Mortal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, to me a game is succesfull when I play it more than once, or stays more than one year on my system, or through system changes. I don't work so I have a loooooooot of time to use my computer.

Some of the games that comes(or never really made it out) to my memory are

Multiplayer: Ouake3:Arena (TeamArena) many, many hours (from the day I bought it, two or three weeks after the release)

SinglePlayer:

Quake
Doom/Doom II (also on a Lan with friends) more than two years
Heretic/Heretic II a year or so
Hexen/Hexen II 3 to 5 months

StoneKeep - 4 Times (The story was very good)
Lands Of Lore II: Guardians Of Destiny - 3 Times (Interesting Story)
Lands Of Lore III - Twice (Interesting Story)
Wizards & Warriors - somewhere around 10 days (8 to 12 hours a day)

The Dig - 3 Times
Phantasmagoria - Twice

Pharaoh/Cleopatra - Twice
Settlers II - Twice over a period of a month or so
Dune/Dune II - 3 Times

I am camping in most of the games and some times save/restore a bit to check some of the game-aspects so double the time that the developer defines as playing time.

Mortal - A game freak or a psychotic (it makes no difference)
Mortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 03:23 AM   #15
Thyrane NightHawk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Everquest has been my main stay the last few years me an five others once played for 72 hrs straight. I have now gotten bored with EQ cant wait for Shadowbane but untill then playing wizzards and warriors.Also have dug out many of my other games too, to many too list the likes of kings quest series and M&M series the old D&D games along with heros of M&M too, Sims i like to play are Railroad Tycoon and Simcity 3000 now.
Thyrane NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 04:58 AM   #16
Fulant
Dungeon Master

Might and magic 8 ......... I am still proud of my party........5 level 200 liches (game max) and for those who have played the game...may characters all had 50 plus skill points in dark magic .....die die die die die!!!!!!!
Fulant is offline   Reply With Quote