Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2002, 08:17 PM   #11
Harry
The Magister

Location: The Land of naked fraulicing nymphs where your every desire comes true
for the amulet i always use the amulet of power (i think that's what it's called, the one you get from the shadow guy)that works pretty good for me
Old 02-08-2002, 07:10 PM   #12
ryanthemighty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm afraid they're all going to die...

The whiny guy got himself blowed up right off the bat...

Two apprentices left... One item left to go... Will they make it?

I didn't save before the decision was made so they're resigned to their doom either way. If I save right before the item is completed, can I reload if they get blowed up again and try again, or am I just wasting my time?

Two days of game-time left... what will happen?

Only time will tell...
Old 02-08-2002, 08:35 PM   #13
Kikakee
Dungeon Master

You can only kill one of the aprentices per job. Don't worry too much though, I killed all three, and nothing bad happened to me. Might not have been pretty, and I didn't get the last item they were supposed to make, but oh well, water under the bridge as they say
Kikakee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 12:58 AM   #14
PeeWee
Manshoon

Spoiler
[img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img]

I'd also suggest using a ring of energy if you are soloing. It has it's uses even in groups. It has 50 charges(if you sold it and bought it back) and is 2d6 with no saves against it. I use this sparingly. Just another decent piece to use once you have exhausted yourself of your spells.

I also picked up a ring of wizardry somewhere. Is it possible for a mage to have two of them? If so, that's alot of spells.
Old 02-09-2002, 04:40 AM   #15
ryanthemighty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well it seems that you were wrong about only one apprentice being able to die at a time...

In their attempts to make the ring suggested above. (Which DOES kick butt BTW...) they triggered an "explosion" which dealt them both 75 points of damage.

I got back to my new, nifty Planar Sphere and instead of being greeted by a new magic ring, I had to get Jan to scrape my crispy-fried apprentii off the walls in my golem-building room...

Kids nowadays... Can't even blow themselves up without leaving a mess...