Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2003, 06:05 AM   #11
andrewas
Harper

Cant belive I missed the second keyfile. So obvious when you think about it.

Anyway to fix this hak yourself, look for nearinfinity (it needs a java VM installed on your computer to run, you can get one from sun if you need to) and point it at the XP1.key in your neverwinter nights folder. Navigate to baseitems.2da and export it. (alternately, the 2da you need is stored in xp1.bif, notpad should be able to pick it out. Examine the baseitems.2da from the hak to see what it looks like.) You'll need to open it in notepad or similar, and change the first three fields of the bracers entry which is near the end. The sizes are easy enough to figure out, just change it from 2,1 to 1,2 or vice versa. The equipable slot field should be changed from 0x00008 to 0x01000 .

You may also want to change the stacking limits on rings, amulets and so on, as was done in the original hak, but thats optional.

The .tga files contain the new graphics, the .2da contains the new rules, put all of them in the override and you have a bracers slot where your bullet slot used to be, just as in the original hak.

Or at least it worked for me when I tested briefly. Bracers of Armour +1 work correctly as far as I can tell.

[ 08-16-2003, 06:42 AM: Message edited by: andrewas ]
Old 08-16-2003, 06:42 AM   #12
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Oh... this is not an item hak, but a rules modification hak? I should have paid more attention...