Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2003, 03:39 PM   #11
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
One of my friends have MS, so I already know what it's like. Still not too sure she should take cannabis for it, though [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
I support ya 101%, LK [img]smile.gif[/img]
Cannibus is legal medically in WA, but its real hard, if not impossable to find a doctor in Kennewick to prescribe it. Thankyou Kaltia. How far progressed is your friend?

Old 03-27-2003, 03:45 PM   #12
Kaltia
Jack Burton

She appears to be getting better-last year she only came into school half the time, had one day more present than absent, but recently she's trying for full-time. Unfortunatly because of her condition she's taking half as many GCSEs and has permission from the exam boards to spend 45 minutes extra on each paper.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:51 PM   #13
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I replied on the joy thread, but wanted to comment again how brave I think you are, Kathen, for being so positive and hopeful for your future. Also Lady Aberdene, it must be very hard for you too, keep smiling babe [img]smile.gif[/img]

I know a bit about MS from my studies, but can only imagine what it's like to have it. Lets hope something can be found to arrest it for good soon [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2003, 03:58 PM   #14
WillowIX
Apophis

Thank you for sharing. I wish you all the best Lord K! Even though you may not be looking for it I know you have our deepest sympathy. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2003, 08:12 AM   #15
LordKathen

Have any of you heard of Solu Medrol? It is a real heavy steroid called Mythlprednizolone. Anyway, they use it for variuos problems with the body as an anti-infamitory. In my case, nerves. That new leason in my head I told you about was not a real problem right now, but could be very soon, so the nuerologist prescribed the usuall 3 day regimen of 1 gram a day. This stuff is not to bad on the body as far as side effects, but tastes awfull, subsequetly so does everything else. I have the last dose today, then I am done with untill next time. Just thought I would keep you updated. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2003, 09:06 AM   #16
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Methylprednisolone is a potent catabolic steroid, very anti-inflammatory. In the Solu-Medrol formulation it is very fast-acting, and usually used intravenously. Depo-medrol is much longer lasting, though not as quick, and the preferred mode of administration is intramuscular. There also exists an oral form, widely available in a taper-package, marketed as the Medrol dosepack. Side effects: sleeplessness, fluid retention, weight gain, steroid dependancy, Cushing's syndrome, narrow angle glaucoma. Keep your chin up, Lord K., we are all pulling for ya. And, as you say, MS is notoriously difficult to diagnose, especially in an ER setting. It makes me feel that my worries are not so great, since the Lord has given me health, for now.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:14 AM   #17
LordKathen

Thanks Attalus. And for the feedback. I forget we have a resident doc here on IW. I'll have to remember that down the road.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:44 AM   #18
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Thanks Attalus. And for the feedback. I forget we have a resident doc here on IW. I'll have to remember that down the road.
We have more than that, though Attalus was already established before Willow pulled her first tonsil

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:41 PM   #19
wellard
Dracolisk

Thinking of you Lord Kathen

Your past the first step, now they have diagnosed you at least you and your doctors can start to plan and fight. That is actually a big step, my brother in law Steve living in Manchester UK had these symptoms for over a year before they said to him "yep you have MS". They must have done every test on him ten times poor bugger. Like you the very mild symptoms that were no more than annoying took a big turn for the worse after a motorcycle crash, he went dizzy and crashed into a *ermm* taxi! [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] but the resulting stress brought on the symptoms hard and fast. It was because of the injuries too from the crash, which made it harder for the doctors to diagnose. He is doing it tough at the moment, seven years after, so if you and Lady Aberdene need info or a chat just drop us a line anytime.

Anyway Lord Kathen I hope your good lady and Rupert and co are talking good care of you. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 03-28-2003, 02:06 PM   #20
LordKathen

You guys are all great! I have heard stories like your bro-inlaws many times. This is why I thank my lucky stars that 1, I had a terrific doctor, and 2, My cousin worked for a Nuerologist at the time. I've talked with people who have gone 40+ years being missed diagnosed. In the early days, before MRI's, this was quite common. Wierd "ice therapies, spinal taps, wrong diagnoses all together, being told they were crazy, etc. I am glad I live in a time, and was diagnosed quickly, that I may be in the front line towards the end of this horrible disease. One thing I have realised about myself before all this, is the fact that I took for granted things like the MS Walk, and other charity events for any disease for that matter. No more will I be that narrow minded. I walked 4 miles in the MS Walk last year, and this years is coming up.
Any way, thank you all. Love Paul.

[ 03-28-2003, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]