Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2002, 06:11 AM   #11
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, this area is probably one of the hardest in the game. I got very lucky to survive it with my solo Barbarian/thief in normal difficulty.

I would not have been able to do it without my sneak ability.

The bridge was hard too, I made it with 6 health left.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:45 AM   #12
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Yeah, that one is a toughie. We used our thief, Imoen (yes, with the portrait and the sounds form BGII) to go up and backstab one of the sentries, and lure it back to our waiting swords and axes, before the reinforcements arrive.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:59 AM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I found those Worgs to be mucho annoying but it wasn't as hard as I'd been led to believe...maybe it's my party combination, or maybe we got lucky, I dont know.

I've got a half-orc Barbarian, Wizard, Paladin, cleric of oghma, Bard and Rogue. I sent my rogue up in sneak mode to see where things were and most of the time he tripped those darned traps on the bridge! [img]tongue.gif[/img] BUT it also lured the orcs down and we killed a few then ran like crazy out of the area, killing any worgs that we could before leaving the map down near Ennelia.

I would heal up, and come back and fight off those critters still there, always going for those DASTARDLY shaman and magic wielders with gusto!!! Over the bridge where a drum and Trugnuk are, I used fodder ALOT! Sent the rogue to reconn, then sent spells and fodder in. I sent the fodder after the drum and shaman and had my party concentrate on the shaman as much as possible. Lemur's did a great job on that drum! LOL

This was a tough area, no doubt about it, but I have been more frustrated later on, so I guess it's a matter of party makeup and individual tolerance levels!

I find that I like to try several times, then take a break if I'm not making any progress in a map area. I then try other tactics, sometimes things I'd never have done normally, just to see how it works. Maybe it's sheer stubborn cussedness, but I HATE to lose those battles! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

[ 11-04-2002, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 11-04-2002, 12:25 PM   #14
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Y'know, regular invis is very helpful here. Your thief can detrap and stay unseen. Clean up the bridges before you send your team across. If you have enough spells, you could make everyone invisible and get them into position before the fighting starts.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote