Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2003, 02:51 PM   #11
Spirits forever

i agree with you all...but in my own thinking...*owch* i think *owch* that the CLERICS are the best... even though they get their powers from gods and such.. the are still very balanced with theor defensive and offensive spell...i can't really compare them to sorcerers beacuse i don't bother with that class.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:11 PM   #12
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

AFAIK Sorcerer rules and owens all

Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 06:51 PM   #13
Eurothan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I prefer wizards, clerics are handy for healing, but otherwise I prefer Wizards beacuse they tend to do more combat damage, but personally I always use the Aerie character who is a mage/cleric and solve the debate in one...Bon!
Old 06-09-2003, 08:41 PM   #14
Sythe
Ra

Well persnally I prefer hard working WIZARDS!!
Clerics only purpose is healing and back up for fighters. Wizards with spells such as fireball time stop can take on hordes of opponets. Clerics are easy to kill in the game too. Wizards aye cha cha spell protections and protection from magical weapons......

[ 06-10-2003, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Sythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 08:54 PM   #15
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Aye, wizards are all good, but Clerics can put up a fight for themselves, especially since they can equip different (and better) weapons that wizards. A high level cleric vs. a high level wizard... Who knows how that fight would end up?
Old 06-09-2003, 09:19 PM   #16
Sythe
Ra

Who cares if they can equip better weapons. A mage (When I mean mage I mean Wizards and Sorcerors) can counter it by casting stoneskin or protection from magical weapons,mirror image, blur etc. Mages have powerful spell protectios and have magic that can break through cleric protections such has pierece magic. If you have played the game for as long as I have you would know the mages are the most dangerous bunch in the game. (Especially lilches *shrudder*) The only way you can really defeat a wizard is by catching em by surprise or dispelling all their spell protections.

[ 06-10-2003, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Sythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 09:28 PM   #17
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Firstly, don't you mean "A wizard (When I say wizard I mean mages and sorcs)"? Secondly, I agree with you pretty much, I'll say that wizards are better generally, but I still stand by my statement that the outcome of a high level cleric vs. a high level mage is pretty undecided... Now if you want a really tough question, what about a battle between an high level multi-class Mage/Cleric vs. a high level Sorceror?
Old 06-10-2003, 01:04 AM   #18
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

[img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img]

Sythe, why don't you cut your sig picture to the size approved by Rules And Regulations. The pic is OK itself, but it is boring to wait for its loading, even on the 1.2 mbit line I have [img]smile.gif[/img] Never mind scrolling a full page...

Sorcerer's power is in his versatility. If he needs all 7 of his 8lvl spell slots filled with Horrid Wiltings, he can have em anytime. Mages have to rest.

Multiclass Cleric/Mage will lose to sorc if they are not of the same level, but have the same xp. Lvl25 sorc would have the xp (probably) not sufficient for the mage part of his opponent to reach lvl18, thus no Time Stop to C/M. The end [img]smile.gif[/img]

Druids have much better arsenal against wizards... Creeping Doom and all such [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2003, 06:42 AM   #19
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Spirits forever said "Cleric" and in that I include Druids.....

Never underestimate the power of a high level druid, especially a Druid/Fighter Dual/Multi class. Not only are they good warriors, they can compliment their fighter abilities with 'Iron Skins', 'Creeping Doom', 'Heal' and 'Regeneration'. Those spells are severly powerful, a fighter that regenerates, can heal himself, disrupt enemy spell casting whilst causing damage to them and temporarily make himslef invulnerable to damage using 'Iron Skins'! GREAT! And the HLAs 'Greater Elemental Summoning' and 'Fire Elemental Transformation' are good as well.

As you might be able to see, I have a certain fondness for Jaheira. I recently started a Fighter dual classed to a Druid in BG1 and am working through that. Despite the fact that my fighter class is only Level 2, I can still get a +5 Proficency in Scimtar later on in SoA!

However, some people seem to think the obvious choice is Sorceror. Whilst it's fun to play and certainly powerful, I'd challenge them with my Fighter/Druid any day. I might not win, but I'd make a fantastic runner up!

I don't have my game manual handy, can anyone tell me if a Druid can cast 'Shield of the Archons'?
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 06:44 AM   #20
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by TaSSaDaR:
Druids have much better arsenal against wizards... Creeping Doom and all such [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ah, En Taro Adun mighty Tassadar!
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote