Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2004, 05:05 PM   #11
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

LOL yeah the burbons were flying last night LOL

YOu will see a text box just above all your quick slot keys. There are different channels that you can talk on.

They are shout, talk, party, whisper and DM.

Shout broadcasts you message to everyone on the server, talk shows you message to anyone near you, party allows you to send your message to anyone in your party, whisper ????? not to sure as I've never used it. DM allows you to send messages to the DM if they are on.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-03-2004, 05:21 PM   #12
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

Ah, thanks. I never noticed it before.

NWN isn't working with the new videocard now. It's doing what I said before. It did the checking system for optimal configuration thing that it does when you first start NWN, but it won't start the program. It does the loading screen with the symbol of the eye, the computer thinks for a few seconds, then the cd spins at varying speeds for about 10-20 seconds, then the computer thinks again. When it stops, there's nothing to indicate NWN starting or loading in the Ctrl-Alt-Del menu.

[ 12-03-2004, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: LS0158 ]
LS0158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 06:55 PM   #13
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I had a similar problem when trying to get mine to start, or else I would get a laggy game, try updating the driver, if all else fails, the instal might have been corrupted, and you need to uninstal it, then close out all programs before re-installing it.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:59 PM   #14
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

Well... now it gets slightly farther... now after the thinking-spinning cd-thinking process, it says something about being unable to authenticate the cd within the time limit. I just bought HotU new from Best Buy, so it's authentic, and it runs on one of the other computers.

My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400, if anyone knows of issues between it and NWN.

edit: I noticed that it won't do the auto-NWN popup when the cd's put in... could it be my cd drive?

[ 12-03-2004, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: LS0158 ]
Old 12-03-2004, 09:51 PM   #15
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Is your drive a CD-RW drive. Sometimes the secureRom security software causes problems like this.

You may need to get a NO-CD Crack if you continue having problems. If your using a CD-RW drive try using a normal CD-ROM drive if you have one.

BTW I have the same video card and it works fine for me.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:45 AM   #16
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I thought they released an update that *fixed some of the secure rom issues. Been a while though, but there should be something archived...Uh, also if it's cdrw, and you've written any cd's, you'll need to restart the computer, that's the only time I've had problems with that. I too use an nvidia card, and, other than the fact that I can't have shiny water, no problems. I want shiny water, *pouts.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 12:13 PM   #17
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

I'll have to make sure I've got the newest update. We've rarely tried to use the cd-writing capability, and we've only been successful once, and even then it only worked in other cd-rw drives.

What's a no-cd crack? An install of NWN that doesn't use the cd?

Edit: I'm updating it. Hopefully it will work now.

Edit2: I can't find the update for the cd-rw drives. I downloaded patch 1.64 and searched the portions of the download area that might have had the cd-rw drives on Bioware's site.

Edit3: I searched the self-tech support forum and I get the feeling that trying to get the game to work in the cd-rw drive is futile. I guess I'll have to wait until my dad gets the network working.

[ 12-04-2004, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: LS0158 ]
Old 12-04-2004, 01:20 PM   #18
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

LSO158 Go to the NVIDIA web site and down load the newest driver update for your Graghics card. If this doesn't fix your problem then uninstall your NWN game completely and then re-install it.

One more thing if you have the setting set to high on your Video or graphics cards they can cause your computer to act the way you say yours is acting.
so go into the NWN config and turn every thing down one level and see if that helps.

Good luck
Old 12-04-2004, 03:36 PM   #19
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by LS0158:

What's a no-cd crack? An install of NWN that doesn't use the cd?
Its a program which edits the NWN program so that it dosent bother with the secuROM checks, thus enabling a)pirates to run copies of the game and b)legit users such as yourself to get in despite secuROMs inability to authenticate on certain hardware.

Its technicaly illegal, but then so is intentionaly selling a product which dosent work on a computer that meets the published specs, so let the lawyers argue over it.

You'll have to google around for one yourself if you want it, I dont have links to a crack for the current version. And virus scan it, because No-CD cracks are generaly intended to allow people to pirate the game, they are quite often infected with something nasty and it never hurts to be safe.

Oh, and backup the original NWN exe, since I think the updater will complain if run on an altered version.

[ 12-04-2004, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: andrewas ]
andrewas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:22 AM   #20
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

I think I'll just wait for my dad to get the network cards. I've got semester exams coming up and school projects due, so I probably wouldn't have much time if I could access EfU. By the time exams are over, the network cards he ordered off ebay should have arrived.

I've already downloaded the latest drivers and re-installed NWN once or twice, and I tried the config menu.