Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should Women be Required to Sign Up for Selective Service?
Yes 13 59.09%
No 5 22.73%
Women should not be allowed into the military at all. 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2003, 02:59 PM   #21
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I am against the draft, too.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:02 PM   #22
Azimaith
Manshoon

Well I keep saying, if women are not equal to men, why do we allow them into the military at all, i've heard all sorts of things on this thread, some of which I believe is undeniably true, lots of which I think is ridiculous.

I know men have the genetic propensity for greater muscle mass faster than women.
I know women have the genetic propensity for greater endurace than men.

I've yet to see any proof on the issue of emotional detachment and personally think its a big fat load o' crap.

During the draft allowing women to be drafted would increase the number of warmbodies available, this is good in all sorts of ways. If your really so sure that a woman could not suceed in combat there is base camp maintenance, cooking, hauling, tending to wounded(even without being a nurse its good to have help) all sorts of stuff.

Whether people want women in combat or not is a different story, I assume they don't believe women should join most branches of the military. No pilots, no front line fighters, no reconaissance, no nothing, even with all that no base camp is ever truly safe.
The Democrats bash the Republicans and the Republicans bash the democrats, now everyones got mud in their eyes and they can\'t see what matters.<br />Check out this site: [url]\"http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm</a>