Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2004, 04:45 PM   #31
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

well, two things,

1. I wasn't talking about *looks* naive or lookalike. I was talking about the naive/sentimental flavor of Aerie. All the actresses mentioned in this thread I cannot FEEL that flavor, and therefore I'm of the opinion for an unknown talent or an animated one. It's not I who mentioned that Estella Warren has no acting talent. If she does can act out that flavor, I'm all for it.

2. as my previous post shows, I had problem with the *one and only* statement. precisely the point that everyone may has his/her own Aerie (or image of Aerie, or any other NPCs in mind); to say *one and only* seem to make it an absolute thing, and I think not.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:08 PM   #32
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Well first off, the portaits ARE animations so its hard to really compare to flesh and blood actors and also, i think mario brothers was the first movie based on a game and i think it was pretty good.

As for bg, i could see Arnold Scwartzenegger playin minsc maybe the Rock and Michael Clark Duncan playing saerevock.

For my protaganist, i couldnt say for sure, someone dashingly handsome.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:48 PM   #33
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
You know, I can see the Rock as Sarevok. But I can't see Ah-nold as Minsc.
The protagonist should be someone with geeky good looks or, better yet, a darkly beautiful female. And I'm seeing a mage... It would be the easiest for the audience to believe, having grown up with so much access to magic and instruction.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 06:13 PM   #34
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Plus, Estella's just not skinny enough...

HAW!

haw...where's my signature pic???
debiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 06:40 PM   #35
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by debiler:
L* when I first looked at your cast suggestion, and I went: "Drew Barrymore needs to be quite a few pounds lighter to be Nalia..."
Old 04-02-2004, 12:43 AM   #36
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

ARE YOU CRAZY!!! Arnold would be perfect for mincs, ever seen conan the barbarian. And a mage type for the protagonist, they look so weak. If it were my character, i think i most closey resemble umm... Kevin Sorbo

Look- http://profiles.yahoo.com/myproyoukno
Old 04-02-2004, 05:12 AM   #37
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by teardropmina:
quote:
Originally posted by debiler:
L* when I first looked at your cast suggestion, and I went: "Drew Barrymore needs to be quite a few pounds lighter to be Nalia..." [/QUOTE]Mwuahaha, c'mon! Nalia, the sissy pampered d'Arnise brat? The face looks slim, but the hips, the hips...

HAW!

Old 04-02-2004, 05:16 AM   #38
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Balintherlas:
ARE YOU CRAZY!!! Arnold would be perfect for mincs, ever seen conan the barbarian.
You do realize that Conan the Barbarian is about 22 years old, right? I once suggested Ralf Moeller(big guy from "Gladiator"), he'd be looking cool with a bald head. But his acting is not that...um...good.

HAW!

Old 04-02-2004, 06:24 AM   #39
IranicuS
The Magister

for minsc you need a muscle-guy with. He also need to be very sweet and at the other side very angry. But uhm I dunno an good actor for it...
Old 04-02-2004, 07:02 AM   #40
Daniel_M
Elminster

IMHO Johnny Depp should play Saemon since his role as Captain Jack Sparrow I believe he would play a great swashbuckler. As for you evil brother I would say Vin Diesel or Micheal Clarke Duncan.