Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2001, 09:36 PM   #31
Moni

Wow!
All I can do is smile and want to show this off to the newer players. [img]smile.gif[/img]
(Looking for strategies against Elyssia & crew...stumbling into many wonderful memories of hanging out here while I was still playing)
Kinda wish I had not given my game away but at the same time happy that my friend is getting to play it.

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 11-10-2001, 12:11 AM   #32
stwrsfan1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

HI everyone, I agree with those darn nymphs. Though i believe the jungle lillys rank right up there too. They just continuing to give off bad gasses and won't let you have time to gather yourself. ( man I must be the baby here then only 26 yrs old) stwrsfan1
stwrsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 12:23 AM   #33
Moni

Hi stwrsfan1!

Yes, those darned Mantraps and Jungle Lillies!
What hell we went through trying to outlive them!
Somewhere back there in the pages numbered in the hundreds are a few good threads on Mantrap/Lilly Strategies with some great anecdotes too.
26 huh?! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Someone will have to start another "Players Ages" Polls to find out if you are "middle ground" or one of the old folks in recent posters (since I pulled this one up from it's beginnings in January).

Welcome! If I have never said so and I hope you are enjoying W&W!
Old 11-10-2001, 02:54 AM   #34
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Without a doubt, the most annoying monsters have to be the first batch of Mantraps after Ishad N'ha. I can't even begin to fathom the number of times they ate my party apart. Although, they're pretty easy with a solo Zenmaster with Uber equipment.

My second most annoying has to be Erathsmedor. You're just trotting along on your horse across the Shire and all of a sudden you're engulfed in flames! You look up and there's good ole near-sighted Erathsmedor! After he did that enough times I chased him for a full day shooting Arrows, Bolts, Knives, Shurikens, anything else I had, and did nothing to him but it was fun! He didn't hit me with fire one time while I did that.

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 12:24 PM   #35
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

Even though Man traps are very annoying, I'd say Mekdawa is very annoying. every time i walk by him he's like "Ukabu come here" "Why you no go to toad village" and im like shutup already and later even having saved toad village, mekdawa doesnt even reconigze it he still tells me "Go be Ukabu!" very annoying...
Old 11-10-2001, 12:53 PM   #36
Feanor
Dungeon Master

My vote goes to Desert(and Forest) Raptors. I play with encounter levels on high so I know I'm going to get a lot, but these guys just seem to pop up way too often, and at the worst times.
Other than that, I usually get annoyed by packs of angry sharks following my boat around just waiting for me to jump over board.
Major PITA there. At least it's fun to push sharks up on the beach. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2001, 05:06 PM   #37
Sorcerer Alex

Bats, definitely
Old 11-10-2001, 09:23 PM   #38
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

After reading these last posts I just had to reply..Im 55 and still can't get enough of (good) RPGs. Crusaders (wiz 7) my all time favorite..Can't wait till Wiz 8 gets out.Great forum here at Ironworks!!bye..John
Old 11-12-2001, 11:03 AM   #39
Anka
Elite Waterdeep Guard

BATS!!! I HATE THOSE STUPID BATS!!!
Old 11-12-2001, 12:50 PM   #40
Sark
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Although she's not a 'mob', unless you decide to toast her after listening to her speech about fate, I *hate* that snooty "Harespia is all knowing"... has to be a reason for wasting her with several elemental blasts or, if advanced enough, letting loose with a meteor storm. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The first batch of mantraps are pretty easy when you've re-loaded a couple of times... I find walking down close to those trees during daytime and then just firing 2-3 meteorstorms and watching the xp roll in works fine. ;>

As for other stuff, haven't gotten beyond the temple yet - been working on guild/spell level ascension, but an evil spell is "swarm of locusts". Especially if you get a couple of those troll-haju-li casting it or the serpent priests. (not sure if that's the right troll)
Sark is offline   Reply With Quote