Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2002, 04:49 AM   #31
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

AFAIK there are only two in the game, one on him and the other on a certain enemy in the city gates area. Still, there is the ring of Air control, that allows you to cast improved invisibility once per day. BTW, why is it that when you get a ring of invisibility it starts with 5 charges, then after resting, it reverts to only 1, whether you used any or not?
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 04:51 AM   #32
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by White Lancer:
AFAIK there are only two in the game, one on him and the other on a certain enemy in the city gates area. Still, there is the ring of Air control, that allows you to cast improved invisibility once per day. BTW, why is it that when you get a ring of invisibility it starts with 5 charges, then after resting, it reverts to only 1, whether you used any or not?
It`s one use per day isn`t it ??
What patches/mods do you have installed ??
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 06:55 AM   #33
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

It says one use per day yes, but when i first get it, i can use it 4 times. Then once i rest, it goes back to 1 use. I have no mods. I have all the patches though.
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Old 10-09-2002, 06:56 PM   #34
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by White Lancer:
It says one use per day yes, but when i first get it, i can use it 4 times. Then once i rest, it goes back to 1 use. I have no mods. I have all the patches though.
It goes back to one use, because it`s programmed to have exactly 1 charge after each rest; it forgets any it had before.
Not sure why it has 4 charges when you first get it though :|
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 09:49 PM   #35
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Just checked, the ring on our friend in the bridge district only starts with one charge per day, and stays that way, its only the one from the thief that has the 4 charges. I think what it probably is is that it is on a thief. Theives like to backstab, but they can only do so when invisible (ok, everyone knows that) So they gave that ring more charges, so he could use them, giving him more backstabs. I used the web+spider spawn combo to kill them, so he didn't get a chance to use any charges. That would be why the ring ad so many charges.

[ 10-10-2002, 05:47 AM: Message edited by: White Lancer ]
Old 10-09-2002, 11:51 PM   #36
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Personally I like to wak the difficulty down to minimum then I do the usual protection spells.... then go for the imp... the imp just about always casts confusion or a spell like it.. and with the low saving throws of your chars at that point they all get affected by it... and after that the fight is basically over.... anyway once the imp is dead I like to split my group up, putting as many people minsc and my character (if hes a fighting type) on mencar and jaheira onto the theif until he runs away... then its pretty easy after mencar and the theif are gone... just kill the mage and then the beserker idiot [img]smile.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote