Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2004, 05:26 AM   #51
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Because it would be a shame if he was not.

HAW!

haw...where's my signature pic???
debiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 10:49 AM   #52
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

i think minsc should be played by good ol' Arnie-He sounds like a complete buffoon and they are both big and muscley...Hed have to shave his haie off though...
Old 04-04-2004, 11:58 AM   #53
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Schwarzenegger is too old. Minsc may be around 30, but Arnie is almost 60. That cannot work.

HAW!

haw...where's my signature pic???
debiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 02:49 PM   #54
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:

~~~~

A long, long time ago, on the BIS Board, a debate was conducted on what was the most likely character for the protaganist.

It was generally regarded that the person would be male and a spellcaster, with the camp split equally between Mage and Cleric.

This verdict was reached by taking into account events from all three games in the trilogy. From BG1 to ToB.

From what we know, the character was a free spirit, and perhaps a bit irresponsible in his youth. The death of Gorion changed his life though.

We gather that the character was most likely male due to his constant interactions with females, especially Imoen. You miss out a lot in the game by being female. The rivalry between Sarevock and the main char would make more sense too.

Candlekeep is a library, and Gorion is a Mage. Elminister is a Mage. Khelben Blackstaff is a Mage. With that kind of company, it was going to have a major influence on his life. Hence the general agreement that he would be a spellcaster. Hell, Imoen became a Mage.

Hence my submission that Viggo Mortensen be the protaganist. I can see him playing pranks, being serious and kicking butt as a spellcaster.
sounds good, especially the protaganist as a spellcaster, I perosnally would prefer to see a wizard protaganist. However, we might need a younger version of Viggo to play our young, fresh out of CandleKeep wizard in the BG1 part of the narrative.

Quote:
Originally posted by Balintherlas:
I could see viggo playing me(haha), but a mage seriously. In lord of the rings, how many people like ian mckellen more than viggo?
that's one of my biggest problems with the LotR movies: wizard and magic are seriously downplayed in the films! maybe that's how magic works and how spellcasters are in the middle earth (I've never read the novels), but what's shown in the movie really is really weak and uninspiring compared to what's in BG series. The LotR series stress the melee and ranged combat, but not spells and magic, and Gandof is too willingly in joining the melee combat! In a BG version of LotR movie, Gandof would've stood behind the fighters and ADHW those monsters [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I'd like to see a BG series (either animated or live action) that shows the fearsome power of magic in its full glory!

[ 04-04-2004, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: teardropmina ]
Old 04-06-2004, 05:08 PM   #55
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

if they went into the circus tent then Ian McKellen would definatly have to be quale And i think Viggo shoudlnt play a mage,but Valyagar-The portrait looks like him(roughly...i forget what he sounds like and he played a ranger in lord of the rings hes perfect for Valyagar

[ 04-06-2004, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 04-06-2004, 05:30 PM   #56
LadyLuthien
Dungeon Master

How could Minsc NOT be cast? He's right there in the dungeon from the very beginning. He's like a default, assumed party member. And he's one of the most entertaining characters in the game. (Edwin being my favorite.)
Old 04-06-2004, 10:46 PM   #57
Nerull
Lord Ao

Actually, I think they would probably have the PC with the "default" party for the most part (Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen, and in BG1 Khalid and Dynaheir). The other NPCs would just show up along the way, having small parts. ToB NPC would probably be added, just due to the plot, as would Yoshimo (also for plot reasons). Otherwise, the others would just have cameos (probably joining just to handle their "individual quest" and then go their merry way).

If they establish the fact that bardic colleges are a primary source of knowledge in the Realms, the PC could be a bard. This would combine the knowledge aspect with the "rapscallion" aspect that is popular in cinema.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 03:11 AM   #58
Link
Jack Burton

Remember that in a movie you don't have to restrict yourself to the 6 party members rule. People can come and go as they wish [img]smile.gif[/img]
Link is offline   Reply With Quote