Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 08:03 PM   #61
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

It's the Aliens Johnny. They do stuff to you when you are asleep.

Seriously you should see a doctor if it doesn't go down. Could be a blood clot or something, who knows. Take an aspirin just for the heck of it LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:10 AM   #62
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Ivellis, what sort of symbols do you need/how many? Now that I've thought about it, I can think of quite a few.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:31 AM   #63
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Well in my book I have (as far as I can remember):

The conch being order and rational behaviour.

And that's all I can remember

I have English on Monday so I can have a look then and get back to you, thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 03:08 AM   #64
Melcheor
Manshoon

Johnny, I've had something similar, no pain, just awkward and swolen. If the swelling is on the kneecap, and not around the knee, then it might be the same (can't remember the name). When I went to the doctor, he stuck a needle into it and drained an impressive amount of clear fluid from it. Problem gone! It came back a couple of times but never as bad and the same treatment eventually killed it off.
Melcheor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:00 AM   #65
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Melcheor:
Johnny, I've had something similar, no pain, just awkward and swolen. If the swelling is on the kneecap, and not around the knee, then it might be the same (can't remember the name). When I went to the doctor, he stuck a needle into it and drained an impressive amount of clear fluid from it. Problem gone! It came back a couple of times but never as bad and the same treatment eventually killed it off.
That's what i'm talking about, it kinda felt like my knee is filled up with water. You can lay your head on it and pretend it's a waterbed.

Just like i had hoped the swelling is almost gone again though, it probably just felt it had to annoy me for a day or something.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:44 AM   #66
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Melcheor:
A friend of mine has the same recurring problem in his elbow. Just swells up every few months for no apparent reason. Apparently it's some localised problem with his lymphatic system or something. Exercise (in this case, jumping around a lot - have you a trampoline, johnny?! ) is the prevention and a stab the temporary cure.

*Edit: Haha! Anyone dares pick me up for my blatent contradiction in the last paragraph gets a burp!

[ 11-11-2005, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: Sever ]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:12 PM   #67
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I don't think the people living below me would approve of me jumping on a trampoline a couple of times a day.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:16 PM   #68
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I don't think the people living below me would approve of me jumping on a trampoline a couple of times a day.
It's only gotta be one of those fitness tramp thingies. You don't even have to put your beer down.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:55 PM   #69
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
Well in my book I have (as far as I can remember):

The conch being order and rational behaviour.

And that's all I can remember

I have English on Monday so I can have a look then and get back to you, thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]
There's also with Piggy's glasses, it symbolizes how much voice or something he has? There's also simpler ones, like Ralph symbolizing democracy and Jack(I think that's his name) symbolizing dictatorships and the like.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:44 PM   #70
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sever:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
It's only gotta be one of those fitness tramp thingies. You don't even have to put your beer down. [/QUOTE]LOL, as foamy as beer is, I'd think jumping up and down with one on a tramp would be dangerous. I mean the beer would slosh out onto the tramp surface, then slippage would ensue. Although it could be cool, you could really launch yourself LOL. Yeeehawww!

I love trampolines. And as a kid I loved those blown up tents that you could go inside and just jump anyway you want cause it's all air cushioned. You do gotta watch it though with the full sized trampolines, their metal framework that surrounds. I will never forget when I was 10 I was at some cheap ass camp my parents sent me to (and believe me, it was cheap LOL) and they let us take turns on the big trampoline. Well I ended up being last to get on it, and I jumped about, and then the counselor said we were going to move on to trail walking, and she just started walking down the path and everyone followed her. Me, I'm still on the tramp, sitting on it, and so I go to get off of it, and I dunno what happened, but I ended up with my right leg, bent, caught inbetween the metal grillage that surrounded the trampoline. My head was near the ground and my leg was caught in the space and wow I'm surprised I didn't break a major bone in that ridiculous position I found myself in. And I could not at that angle lift myself up using my legs. I cried out several times but nobody came, everyone was well down the trail by then. THANKS GUYS! Blah that's why I hate "camp" -- too many strangers and it's not always a bonding moment with everyone LOL. Anyways, eventually I used my arms and hands and was able to right myself above the grill and get off, and hobble towards the group. AND, to top it off, as a good ender (LOL God has many ways to humble us LOL) on my way to catching up my left flipflop decided to fall apart, one side of the strap came unglued so I really had to do some major toe grippage to keep the bastaid on my foot. Eventually I just took them off and barefooted it LOL, rocks, sticks and all.

Always prepare to be on your own in any situation in life. -- (LadyZ's words of wisdom for the day LOL) --

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote