Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2004, 06:36 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Check it out folks:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x...ovel/965490000

THIS is one I've been dying to get my hands on--counting the Months--seriously!
If you guys remember, Paul S. Kemp is writing this Trilogy, and is a registered Member here! If you love a good story--and I mean GOOD, grab this ASAP.

Case in point: Within one page, Paul can turn a readers emotions into such sadness you almost are in tears for the character. That is so rare in a book these days, where an Author can grab ahold of the reader in such a way, you really have emotions for the different characters. Amazing....

Paul, write more books guy. You're amazing!

PS: I just finished "Elminsters Daughter". Um... 80% of the book has nothing whatsoever to DO with his daughter, and the book is so loosely put together--story-wise, I kept getting lost, and the overall story was very broken up. (With more nude scenes as Memnoch says--it's in there. Elminster is one dirty old man! [img]smile.gif[/img] ) I nearly gave up on this title. I don't think I'll buy another Ed Greenwood book, sad to say. He's AWESOME at making gaming worlds and such, but writing isn't his best forte.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 11:05 PM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I went to the bookstore to find it, but they didn't have it yet, so dang it, I go to Amazon, and low and behold, as USUAL, they have it, so I ordered it ASAP.

I'm reading one of my last few FR Novels left that I haven't read--the Simbuls Gift. It's a good novel as well, but when Dawn of Night gets here, the world will stop for a few days while I consume this long awaited book!! Can't wait to see if Cale and the others get those two bad guys that teleported.

Old 06-11-2004, 04:35 PM   #3
Jorath Calar
Harper

I'm getting it as soon as it comes here... hopefully soonish.

In the meantime I am reading Daugther of the Drow, Liriel is great... then there is the War of the Spiderqueen books I just bought and still havn't read...

Wish I had more time to read... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 02:36 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Oh my god.... I got it yesterday, and dang-it, I'm halfway done with it! No fair!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

This second book starts off and never slows down! And what is VERY weird is that I just redid Skullport in my huge Undermountain Neverwinter Nights Mod I have on 24/7, and Skullport is featured in this novel!

Anyway, I was surprised that there is a sneak preview of the next 'War of the Spiderqueen" book due out in July 2004, and Valas is still awesome. And get this, Paul Kemp is writing the last book in the same series (Spiderqueen)! Awesome! I am very happy about that. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2004, 08:27 PM   #5
Jorath Calar
Harper

Got it yesterday too, havn't had much time to look at it though, just saw that the next book will be out november 2005... damn thats a long time... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:41 AM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Got it yesterday too, havn't had much time to look at it though, just saw that the next book will be out november 2005... damn thats a long time... [img]smile.gif[/img]
YES!! I saw that too! I wanted to cry.. NOV 2005?! Hell, the planet may not even exist then! Paul, help me brother! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] It's because he's doing another book between then as well. No worries, I can wait I guess... If Paul wants to send me a sample chapter to me, thats cool too!!

There are a BUNCH of FR books coming out soon, so it'll hold me over. The 'Last Mythal' series starts up, 'Lady of Poison' and the next Spider Queen book will be out in July. I just hate reading them so fast.. Each book needs to be 4000 pages (Paul faints) 4000!!???

Old 06-22-2004, 02:24 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I cannot wait to start it. I bought it the day it was released but I am trying to get through the Harpers Series first as I had stopped years ago at book number 11, and I have to get the old ones out of the way in order to relieve my guilt.

Now that you have spoken so highly on it, I am more enthused to hurry and get to it.

And sad to hear about the Elminster's Daughter book. I was thinking it would be a good one. </font>

[ 06-22-2004, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 06-24-2004, 08:21 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeh, that Elminster Book should have been called "Vangy retires"... Because it was MOSTLY about Cormyr and the War Wizards and intrigue with the nobles which was boring IMO. Ed's writing style is less and less interesting to me.

Old 06-30-2004, 05:07 PM   #9
The Fallen One
Elminster

OMG!!~!!!....i just got the book yesterday, read 20 pages, and i m already in love with the book. its even more captivating than the first book!!! i cant wait to see how the story unfolds..
Old 07-01-2004, 02:46 AM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Told ya! It's one amazing ride, my friend! [img]smile.gif[/img] It sucks that we gotta wait till NOV 2005 for the next one! NOOO!!!

I think Riven is the best villain since Artemis. Maybe BETTER! The 'Sneer' is cool... I can see him doing it.