Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2001, 03:00 PM   #1
oaxaca_dan
Dungeon Master

So in looking through these boards, and various things about the jaheira romance and the harper quest, i've come to have the impression that the quest is much longer than i thought it was... can someone give me some info/spoilers? I saw the Xzar thing to completion... don't know if there's anything after that...

I'm currently in chapter 6, and can't get back into the harper house, so if i did miss something, i've a feeling that its gone forever.

thanks in advance

oaxaca_dan
Old 12-12-2001, 03:09 PM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

There's more Harper-action, but only if you are romancing Jaheira.
D'you want me to give some more detailed info?
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 03:19 PM   #3
oaxaca_dan
Dungeon Master

yeah, please man, more info would be great, since i am trying to woo that fine lady

thanks
Old 12-12-2001, 03:39 PM   #4
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Well, since you're already in chap 6, I guess you've missed something. Sometime after completing Xzar's quest, provided you're romancing Jaheira, a harper will come (can't remember her name) and call J back the their headquarters (the same building). She'll leave the party for 8 hours or so and when she comes back she'll ask you to come along to be judged by the leader of the Amnish branch of the harpers. He'll ask you some questions, but as it turns out he wants to imprison you, the fearsome Bhaalspawn, to further his own career. In the following battle J will side with you against her harper-buddies, putting both of you on their black list. You be attacked by harper parties for some time of the game, until you discover that they're actually corrupted rogue-harpers. After killing their leader you and J will be rewarded for your trouble by Elminster himself, and J will once again be a respected member of the harpers.

Don't know if you'll still be able to trigger these events if they haven't happend yet this late in the game, but the Jaheira-romance is full of bugs, things not happening when they should, etc. Hope you don't have to start all over again.
Old 12-12-2001, 03:41 PM   #5
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Hey look, I'm an elite, just like you.

Woohoo!
Old 12-12-2001, 03:48 PM   #6
oaxaca_dan
Dungeon Master

Word! lol

we're the newbies to the forum

hey, thanks for the info - i had a feeling that i was missing out on something - i probably missed it, and will have to start over with a different game (fortunetly, i guess, i have many half-started games that i can do this with, though i would've liked to have wooed here with my main charactor).

damn her and her unsure (i.e., bugged) feelings - can't she see that i'm the one for her???

hehe

later
oaxaca_dan
Old 12-12-2001, 04:01 PM   #7
oaxaca_dan
Dungeon Master

Actually, a question, which, i shamefully admit, is cheating - is there anyway to use shadow keeper to fix this? (hehe, i really want it to work with her)

i.e., work around the global variables?

thanks (in shame)

oaxaca_dan
Old 12-13-2001, 02:39 AM   #8
J'aran
Mephistopheles

I don't know if it can be done with Shadowkeeper, but I do know that there's an unofficial patch out there somewhere that "cleans up" the Jaheira-romance a bit, makes it somewhat less buggy and thus easier to complete. Wait a sec while I search for a url.
Old 12-13-2001, 02:46 AM   #9
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Yea, here it is: http://members.home.net/mrkevvy/. It's somewhere under the SoA bugfixes header.

Sorry I can't present you with a more immediate solution.
Old 12-13-2001, 03:03 AM   #10
Whailor

Spoilers perhaps

OK, the Harper quest is separate of the romance. I have no romance with Jaheira with this char and yet the Harper quest is done and over with. Got the 'thingie' for Jaheira. Simply when you are romancing with Jaheira she will also then talk about Harpers and such during the romance.

When I had the romance and Harper quest tied to each other, it took some 40+ in-game days to get it all over with. Now, when I do not have the romance with Jaheira, the Harper plot was over in some 20+ days. I am on day 27 and have it done for quite some time now.. Harper plot quest is triggered by Xzar. OK, not even by him in the correct chronological order - Renfield triggers it actually