Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2001, 07:12 AM   #1
Ziroc

I see no one has posted here, I just wondered if anyone has been reading
anything good lately.

I just finished the AD&D Forgotten Realms Avatar Trilogy (2nd time), AWESOME set. Now I'm going to read Prince of Line and Crucible (Never read those).

Ziroc
Old 03-06-2001, 05:47 PM   #2
Balgin
Elminster

Erm, well the reason why I haven't been posting here recently (the user formerly known as "Dwarf" due to a certain vagueness on the login form) is because I've been re reading loads of my favourite Tolkien, Stephen Lawhead, David Gemmel books and an old trilogy called The True Game by Teri.S.Shepper again.
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 02:17 AM   #3
Aurican
Elminster

I finished The Silent Blade by Salvatore in the Dark Elf series, it was pretty good, there are two more I need to read but I was too lazy to find them, now I am reading Lord of the Rings - which is very good.

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?
Aurican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 08:21 AM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi Ziroc, well any good books, well if you have a thing for vampires check out a book called "Sunglasses after dark" it´s a set of four books in one, pretty ok, it´s a female comic writers first book. Pretty OK.

Robin Hob?? Assasins quest books are really good.

Right now I´m into some Terry Pratchett books and also alot of H.P Lovecraft and also the Sword of truth serie.. Puh, and I still have some Feist and Jordan books left to read.. Damn, I need a vacation!

------------------

::HOWLING WOLFGIR THE MAD WOLF::
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 09:33 PM   #5
Gray Mage
Banned User

I have been reading the saga of Recluce. I thought it was pretty good, anyone else read it. I had a problem though with book 1, it is written in first person, it's a good thing I bought books 1-4 or probably wouldn't have finished the series.

How about the Sword of truth series, or the Wheel of time.
Gray Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 08:53 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Pandora by Anne Rice. Not too long, but one of the coolest, most evocative and romantic books I have ever read. I fell totally in love with Pandora after reading it.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 01:48 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am in Crusade, the third book of the Horselords...an old book that I had never read...and now regret putting it off...it is excelent!!

------------------

Larry of the Holy Flame
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 06:55 AM   #8
Epona
Zartan

Am reading The Witching Hour by Anne Rice for about the 100th time! A really good book IMHO - really good characterisation - I really empathise with her characters.

I never just read one thing at a time, and have also just started (on a more serious note) No Logo by Naomi Klein. But that would be off-topic I guess!!!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Epona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 07:24 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Am reading The Witching Hour by Anne Rice for about the 100th time! A really good book IMHO - really good characterisation - I really empathise with her characters.

I never just read one thing at a time, and have also just started (on a more serious note) No Logo by Naomi Klein. But that would be off-topic I guess!!!

Don't be silly you can talk about any book here. Have you read the Mayfair Trilogy? I've got Taltos, but I don't want to read it till I've read The Witching Hour and Lasher. Strongly recommend Pandora.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 04:42 PM   #10
Patriarch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As wolfgir said, the Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb are good.
I'm reading those atm.

------------------
Thou Shalt be punished... I think
Patriarch is offline   Reply With Quote