Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2002, 04:23 PM   #1
Jerry Austin
The Magister

All right all this contains

Spoilers
In the se wilderness is a temple with the sorceress queen,2death lords(i think),6 cultists.Its where the boomerrang shuriken is:
now what i did was iniate combat and RAN,the enemies followed and broke their formation,it was then easy to pick em off 1 by 1(or maybe 2 or 3).

I never knew how important xray was till i had this battle.My party was round level 13.
hope this helps.
Old 01-03-2002, 06:06 PM   #2
fable
Quintesson

Running does indeed seem to be the only way to succeed in that area. The cultists will keep casting elementals everytime you kill one, while the Sorceress Queen and the Death Lords have an annoying habit of casting every aggressive mental and elemental spell they can think of at your party. And to make matters worse, the enemy takes forever to move, which means you and your party could die of old age in the meantime.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 07:37 PM   #3
Jerry Austin
The Magister

Fable hail.
well part of my strategy was when they cast elemental and i would run eventually combat would end and the elementals would die and i was hoping they(mages)would regain spell points like i did...slowly and thats what happened when i fought them again no elementals was summoned.Pretty cool as i wanted the boomerang shuriken but it didnt strike me as nothing exceptional besides the return to thrower aspect.
Old 01-04-2002, 04:33 AM   #4
yoodaa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hail,

I just took them head on. It was scary at first, but with the right defense, it wasn't that bad.

Urq (lvl 12) -- what a burden. should have let him die (and not suck up exp) than waste turns healing and protecting him His spells were too easily resisted.

Vi (lvl 16) -- went for guardian angels, healing/stamina, and most importantly, purify air (2).

Samurai (lvl 16) -- died early on by a death cloud. resurrected near the end. was supposed to drink an Eye for an Eye early on and attack the death lords.

Ninja (lvl 15) -- woo, she's the bomb -- err, cloud. Toxic cloud (2) kept some of the cultists and elementals at bay. Since she has good artifacts and throwing, I always give her the important items. Pandemonium powder and canned elementals were used with good effect. Had purify air (1).

Ranger (lvl 16) -- acid bomb! ring of fire! smelling salts! (is there any other way to heal unconciousness?), blunderbuss! body of stone. Wasted a turn casting lvl 2 summon elemental -- the elemental took way too much spell damage.

Valkyrie (lvl 16) -- rest all, heal all, cure paralysis, purify air (3), guardian angel, occasional hit with the dread spear

Bishop (lvl 15) -- Elemental shield (7) very important, Soul Shield (5) likewise, Summon Elemental (5) very effective, Eye for an Eye, Superman (on the Greater Elementals *WEG*), Magic Screen (recast during battle just for the summons)

Bard (lvl 17) -- Heal All, Haste, Bless. Restoration potions for stamina (Ninja has 85 alchemy, lots to spare). Used Hex pipes, but it mainly only affected the enemy summons.

My party is particularly strong on defensive magic, so it was pretty much a cakewalk. Most important was keeping resistances high with the shields and screens -- even for the summoned elementals. Secondly, having multiple people with purify air to deal with the death lords' toxic and death clouds saved a lot of pain. The high level elementals competently took and dealt damage. There's nothing like a hasted, super-manned elemental hitting multiple times a round.

I'm just glad that they didn't have eye for an eye or else would have eated my own toxic clouds.
Old 01-04-2002, 05:52 AM   #5
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

I took 'em head on too, I enjoyed the spell duel from long range. My party did hardly loose any HP.

Fun when all the cultists were silenced and charged to engage me on melee [img]smile.gif[/img]

OBTW, my guys were level 22 [img]tongue.gif[/img] I stubled on the SE wilderness by chance [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2002, 08:32 AM   #6
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

I took them on about level 16. During the whole battle I think I had one person die but my 3 main fighters were knocked out from the Noxious fumes bug but I still managed to win.

First round Bishop casts Element Shield, Psionic casts Soul Shield, Gadgeteer uses gadget for Eye for an Eye. Party walks just around the corner.

After first round the sorcerer queen advances to melee range and is killed quickly. Summoned elementals died from eye for an eye on the death clouds the Death Knights were casting. Remaining cultist stream around the corner one or two at time and die. When the death knights are the only opponents left I charge and kill them in a few rounds. It was a tough fight but certainly not the toughest. I did have to let Vi, RFS-81, and my Samurai get killed by the mummies so that I could remove the permanent status effects from noxious fumes.

Here was my party at the time.

RFS-81, Vi, Samurai, Ninja, Ranger, Bishop, Gadgeteer, and Psionic.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote