Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default Obama budget could bring $9.3 trillion in deficits

Will somebody please wake up!?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090320/...h/obama_budget

Quote:
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama's budget would produce $9.3 trillion in deficits over the next decade, more than four times the deficits of Republican George W. Bush's presidency, congressional auditors said Friday.
Wonder where that will put him in the list of presidents?

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Default Re: Obama budget could bring $9.3 trillion in deficits

Wonder what that number will look like after his 2nd hundred days? We might as well disband the military. We'll never be invaded, we'll just be foreclosed on...

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Wow! I seem to remember that when Clinton left the office there was a surplus, what the hell happened???? Oh yea....Bush.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:58 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes, Bush indeed. Took him long enough to come out of hiding huh?
Old 03-20-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Alcohol View Post
Wow! I seem to remember that when Clinton left the office there was a surplus, what the hell happened???? Oh yea....Bush.
That is a fallacy, there was no surplus, however, there was a deficit.

@VR; Yep, another headline is where he is giving Iran a clean start option!

@SW; Barrack Hussein Obama was never in hiding, well not to me, surely to you and others, but I'm glad you can see clearly now.

Two years, then we can put enough Republicans in office to stop the madness. Heck as some Dems are talking now, they may join with Mitch and the boys.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Last edited by Felix The Assassin; 03-20-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:05 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Crazy Re: Obama budget could bring $9.3 trillion in deficits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
That is a fallacy, there was no surplus, however, there was a deficit.

@SW; Barrack Hussein Obama was never in hiding, well not to me, surely to you and others, but I'm glad you can see clearly now.
As opposed to a perception so warped it begs questions about self-delusions and their benefit to the psyche. But again, I (along with some others on this board) drove that point home in my winning thread. Is it pwnage time again so soon?
Old 03-21-2009, 01:44 AM   #7
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Since all parties seem intent on dodging what has been stated, I'll spell it out clearly.

The idea of the article is that Obama's present budget presents a much larger deficit than Bush's ever did. At least, that's how Felix has presented the information. I'm not sure how much impact Bush was capable of having on this, my guess is little since he fell out of favor with even the Republican party during his last term.

I also read an article awhile ago (due to the long span since, I have no link to direct you so take my word, or don't.) where Obama stated that he signed the spending budget through mostly because they needed to have a budget, even an "imperfect" budget. So a crapload of earmarks were stuck in the spending plans.

My personal ideals, pet projects have no place in government spending, but that's not the way our gov't. tends to work.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:07 AM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: Obama budget could bring $9.3 trillion in deficits

From the article I get the impression most of it is inherited debts, and that the white house experts don't seem to be in agreement with the dire predictions cited in the article.

In short, it's just politics as usual. I would take both sides with a grain of salt. Unless it suits your agenda of course.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:41 AM   #9
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
As opposed to a perception so warped it begs questions about self-delusions and their benefit to the psyche. But again, I (along with some others on this board) drove that point home in my winning thread. Is it pwnage time again so soon?
We have no idea what you might be rabbling on about. A thread you won? Please do expound about your current state of mental health.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Old 03-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvian View Post
From the article I get the impression most of it is inherited debts, and that the white house experts don't seem to be in agreement with the dire predictions cited in the article...
Go back over it, it is the current president who has created this situation with his elaborate spending and bailouts...

Quote:
"This report should serve as the wake-up call this administration needs," said House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio. "We simply cannot continue to mortgage our children and grandchildren's future to pay for bigger and more costly government."

But Obama insisted on Friday that his agenda is still on track.
Like other politicians, the writing is there, BHO is failing to read and heed.

These are current administration numbers, not inherited.
Quote:
Obama's $3.6 trillion budget for the 2010 fiscal year beginning Oct. 1 contains ambitious programs to overhaul the U.S. health care system and initiate new "cap-and-trade" rules to combat global warming.

Both initiatives involve raising federal revenues sharply higher, but those dollars wouldn't be used to defray the burgeoning deficit and would instead help pay for Obama's health plan and implement Obama's $400 tax credit for most workers and $800 for couples.

Obama's budget promises to cut the deficit to $533 billion in five years. The CBO says the red ink for that year will total $672 billion.

Most disturbing to Obama allies like Senate Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad, D-N.D., are the longer term projections, which climb above $1 trillion again by the end of the next decade and approach 6 percent of GDP by 2019.
I should not have any personal concern of these historic budget predictions, however, with VA affairs and military benefits coming up next for ways to scrape money to fund national health-care, the administration is treading into areas that even bill clinton claimed to be off limits. When these items fall prey to the BHO axe, things will become different, and different at levels beyond type here.

The issue lies with my daughter element, who at 17 cannot get a part time job or even a simple summer hire job due to the amount of our elderly going back to work to help support their children.

Lastly;
Quote:
The 2009 deficit, fueled by the $700 billion Wall Street bailout and diving tax revenues stemming from the worsening recession, is four times the previous $459 billion record set just last year.

The CBO's estimate for 2010 is worse as well, with a deficit of almost $1.4 trillion expected under administration policies, about $200 billion more than predicted by Obama.
A more conservative approach which would allow one of his four projects to get overhauled a year over the next four years might win him greater support. However, at this breakneck pace and rapid deterioration of the budget, the economy, and increasing bailout monies, he will find himself jobless next year, and have no future goals for re-election in 2012. Therefore, I do applaud his actions, and wish him success!

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen