Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2003, 08:50 PM   #31
Trau
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
[QB] Nice idea, but I do have a couple of nitpicks:

Elemental damage doesn't remove Stoneskin, it just goes right through it. The sword you have outlined would be a tremendous boon to Wizard Slayers (who currently need all the help they can get), but it's not quite justified. For instance, Red Dragon Dust would be far more likely to confer Fire Resistance than Magic Resistance, and the sword would probably cast a 10D6 Fireball instead of Breach.
Well, maybe in the description we could change the breath to stun the wizard for a second or two. Sure, the dust would be more likely to grant fire resisitance, but that's what enchantments are for. The enchantments can bring out the magic resisitance of the dragon, plus add an extra ability like
breach. The dragon dust isn't the sole source of the sword's abilities. It was made specifically to suit Trajo Rioak. Who knows, maybe the sword's original ability was to cast breach. That would actually make a lot of sense, as Trajo could cast breach on the wizard as he was dazed.
Black Bush: \"UN got a problem with me in Iraq? You know what you should do? You should sanction me. Sanction me with your army. Oh wait, you don\'t have an army. I guess that means you should need to shut the f**k up! SHUT THE F**K UP!\"
Trau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 01:08 PM   #32
Russ
Manshoon

Ah, and I thought everybody here wanted the sexy weapons stuff...

Boots: Ranger Shoes.

These boots seem to have been around the block more times than a man can count to ten, but boy, what you sacrifice in looks is more than made up in comfort. It's been said that a man could walk until the moon falls in these things.
Powers: increase movement rate by three.

("these boots are made for walkin'....")

Robes: Apprentice-bane.

These wizard robes are comfortable, soft, and even a little padded, as if somebody wanted to use them as a sort of ersatz padded armor. Indeed, it IS slightly protective... but its primary renown comes from Xsheortj the Irritable (for those of you who only read modern Amnian, that's pronounced "George...") and his quest to be free of whatever mischief his apprentices thought they were going to get away with THIS WEEK.
Powers: Dispel Magic (2xdaily,)
Remove Effects (2xdaily)
Sleep (3xdaily)
AC: +1 bonus.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:09 PM   #33
Russ
Manshoon

If anybody really wants me to, I can probably come up with about fifty of these in the next couple of weeks while I'm stuck in airports... just make sure I get part of the blame somewhere...
Old 04-26-2003, 01:32 PM   #34
Annatar
Mephistopheles

No need to fill in the shop with a dozen of un-thought weapons, we want to make a shop with balanced and nice looking items (description, custom BAM ect...)

If we have 150 items that all do this, and 200 weapons that do that... it aint fun, nothing personal but.. I just want to see a great looking shop with some well thought of items that are worth buying/reading.

If you posted an item here, it isn't a free ticket to the shop... ofcorse, I would try to fit in a piece of art from everybody that particapted here, but it is impossible to put in all the items (some lack a description, are un-balanced ect... they need work).. if an item is really worth it it would most definetly get a place in choc's store [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Requirements to get a place in the shop.

- A nice description (opinions may vary)
- Custom BAM file (to prevent 20 Carsomyr files and 10 Celestial Furies)
- Keep it Balanced, no need for an second KillSword01 (yes, opinions may vary [img]smile.gif[/img] )
- be original (no need for 5 rings that all do the same, get your self patent on the item you created )
- Test it before you send it to me, I don't feel like testing every single item (be sure that it is BUG free)

There will be more I guess (I'm certain that I forgot a few)... stick to these rules and you will get a place in the upcoming IW BG II SoA - ToB store

[ 04-26-2003, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 04-26-2003, 01:35 PM   #35
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Can a newbie join too??
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 01:43 PM   #36
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Sure, just stick to the rules (hardly rules, just some thinks to prevent bad thinks from happening [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and you will be fine Xen
Old 04-26-2003, 01:44 PM   #37
Vedran
Lord Soth

That depends on what you can make or think of. You don't have to make an item yourself, you can only (if that can be called "only") conceive one.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 03:01 PM   #38
Trau
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:

- Custom BAM file (to prevent 20 Carsomyr files and 10 Celestial Furies)
Any tips on how to do this?
Black Bush: \"UN got a problem with me in Iraq? You know what you should do? You should sanction me. Sanction me with your army. Oh wait, you don\'t have an army. I guess that means you should need to shut the f**k up! SHUT THE F**K UP!\"
Trau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 03:04 PM   #39
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

This reminds me of the past, what about you Vedran? Looking through this thread, I remember why I gave up my old "Item Making for You!"

Because it was too hard! With limited online time, too many requests, and not enough staff I gave up. But if you need help with Item Making, I volunteer my services as an elite item and spell maker.

If you need them, PM me or post here. If not, I won't take offence.
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 03:07 PM   #40
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Download BAMWorkshop from TeamBG (Its down, still so you can't download it at the moment), its pretty easy.. just export the file you want to alter with the use of InfExp or Near Infinity and open them with BAMWorkshop and begin to alter/create an item

Altering is much easier than creating one from scratch, so an altered BAM file is good enough [img]smile.gif[/img]